Forced Sixth Day Language

Seymour Packages

I'm curious to know what your supplemental language is on forced days off. It's crazy to me how some of our brothers and sisters down South have been forced in for months on their off day. That nonsense is starting where I'm at and was quickly shut down by my local. There is nothing more satisfying than watching this company scramble to deliver on weekends. They frontload Mondays work on Saturday, run non- guaranteed work, and then turn around and try to lay off guys on Monday when there isn't any work. We had a rookie ORS try to tell a driver that he was coming in last Saturday. The driver laughed hysterically in his face, punched in, and walked away shaking his head. Are guys forced in where you are?

Unknown1234

I’m a low seniority Utility Driver (Regular Package Car Driver without a route) and they’re forcing us the bottom 10 to come in on Saturday and sending home whoever wants to go home on Monday by seniority. Our own steward says that they CAN force us but man am I tired of working 6 since the pandemic started 😴

Browntown2014

here they are forcing in the bottom 50% of every center on Saturdays. 22.4s are quitting in droves and they aren’t even being forced in Monday’s. Makes no sense.

DOK

Would they get the drivers they need by simply asking for volunteers, starting at the top of seniority?

Seymour Packages

Would they get the drivers they need by simply asking for volunteers, starting at the top of seniority?
No. We are burnt out. Blown out routes, they ignore 8 hour requests and just pay grievances. 14 months and counting. So when it's time to relax and actually have a life outside of UPS, guys take the chance.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Our own steward says that they CAN force us but man am I tired of working 6 since the pandemic started 😴
*one hour before start time*

“Hello this is Unknown1234 and I am not able to make it in today. It is my scheduled day off and I do not feel safe operating a commercial vehicle due to extreme fatigue.” Click.

Everyone is so scared of UPS. Yes they own me Mon-Fri whatever but I’ll be damned if I sacrifice one more Saturday of my life “being forced” to move their cardboard around. You can force these nuts. Write me up....warning letter, suspend me take me to panel idgaf. I did a year of Saturdays before I snapped too. OP, your body will thank you later.

ManInBrown

Just to give everyone an idea of the difference between package and feeder. They put up volunteer sheets here every week for extra work Saturday and Sunday. You can’t sniff working one of those days with less than 10 years feeder seniority. In package, no one wants to work, in feeders almost all want to work.

542thruNthru

Just slam the tail end of your package car into the car next to you when you pull out in the morning on the 6th day and blame fatigue. :) Enjoy your month off of driving afterwards and push that broom to the best of your ability.
Better make sure you can pass a fit for duty test as well.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just to give everyone an idea of the difference between package and feeder. They put up volunteer sheets here every week for extra work Saturday and Sunday. You can’t sniff working one of those days with less than 10 years feeder seniority. In package, no one wants to work, in feeders almost all want to work.
Whenever we got bumped up to 70/8 those guys would be all smiles and high fives. They couldn't wait to work 69.99 on the road then come back and shift on the yard for another 10.