Forced to help

Dabumrush

By the way, after I asked if I was being forced he said "NO" and I don't know what else he was trying to spell so I was confused.

Attachments

• IMG_20190830_155329293.jpg
    IMG_20190830_155329293.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 184

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Work now, grieve later is a basic thing most drivers should know. You were told to help and didn't, doesn't matter if people with less seniority weren't told first. You have to work as directed and grieve after.

I'm a 20 year driver and I'm having to help constantly and I'm sick of it.

A 20 year driver, doesn't know how to handle this situation ?

Do I have to say it out loud ?

Rack em

Made the Podium
They just pay it out. They have no concerns about 9.5 grievances. Worked over 10 hours everyday last week except Friday.
There is language in the contract that prohibits the company from doing this. As a 20 year driver you should know this. Get with your steward and BA and demand that the company make a good faith effort to reduce your paid day to 9.5 hours or under. It isn't hard man.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
There is language in the contract that prohibits the company from doing this. As a 20 year driver you should know this. Get with your steward and BA and demand that the company make a good faith effort to reduce your paid day to 9.5 hours or under. It isn't hard man.

Sounds like a runner gunner to me pissed he’s not off at 4:30

Rack em

Made the Podium
By the way, after I asked if I was being forced he said "NO" and I don't know what else he was trying to spell so I was confused.
He just missed a comma. He was telling you that he is instructing you to do something which is basically the same thing as forced. WAD and grieve the pants off him for 9.5 and harassment and he will start finding someone else.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Sounds like a runner gunner to me pissed he’s not of at 4:30
Yeah we have a runner here who's on the 9.5 list and is NEVER over 8.5 hours. As soon as he is told to help someone he whines and complains saying he's on the 9.5 list, but that doesn't do him any good lol. He will never learn that you can't always expect to be off the clock by 17:00 every single day with this company.

Dabumrush

Is this
Sounds like a runner gunner to me pissed he’s not off at 4:30
Yeah we have a runner here who's on the 9.5 list and is NEVER over 8.5 hours. As soon as he is told to help someone he whines and complains saying he's on the 9.5 list, but that doesn't do him any good lol. He will never learn that you can't always expect to be off the clock by 17:00 every single day with this company.
Naa I normally work until 8pm everyday.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Be careful with taking pictures of messages. If you're not on break time when you take them, they could try to get you on stealing time. You can still request a copy of all diad communications, they must provide one within 5 days.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Maybe this wasn't a good place to ask for advice. Seems like some people just want to bash me.
You got all the advice you need. File for 9.5, when the company doesn't honor your 9.5s then grieve for harassment, have a meeting with your steward, BA, center manager, and labor manager. The labor manager will chew the center managers ass for intentionally violating your 9.5 and you won't be asked to help anyone anymore.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Be careful with taking pictures of messages. If you're not on break time when you take them, they could try to get you on stealing time. You can still request a copy of all diad communications, they must provide one within 5 days.
If you request them on the day they were sent they have to give them to you that day too.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You have a right to investigate your own grievances. Why should you do it off the clock.
You also have the right to be at grievance hearings. Start attending them so you can plead your own case as well as make sure your steward and BA are doing their jobs.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You also have the right to be at grievance hearings. Start attending them so you can plead your own case as well as make sure your steward and BA are doing their jobs.

Yep.

"I wish to be present, at
any and all stages of the grievance procedure."

Include that on your grievance form.

If, you really want to be there....

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Maybe this wasn't a good place to ask for advice. Seems like some people just want to bash me.

You're a 20 year driver. If you don't know how to handle yourself by now its pretty clear to all of us here that you've been up managements collective @$$ for the last 19 years and 335 days and you're throwing a hissy fit at them because you didnt get your way.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I don't mind helping other guys out most of the time, but last Friday I was sent a message via diad to help another driver. I knew there was other drivers with less seniority almost done or already done. I replied on the diad, " say you're forcing me and if not I'm coming in the building. When I got back to the center at 5:48pm the supervisor that sent the message ask if I helped him, I replied no and went home. The supervisor called my Union Stewart and told him they would be walking me off the property Tuesday. BTW one of the less senior drivers is this supervisor nephew and he had been off since 4:45pm without a 8 hour request. Just looking for suggestions on how I should handle this.
Thanks for running! TIME TO HELP!