Forced to help

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
How many more years before u can retire?

Just use your union bennies and collect that $ until u get to the finish line.

So what if they're sending you to help... diad text them if they asked anyone lower in seniority first , & WAD / grieve later.

Keep all that extra pay in an investment or something to boost your retirement plans

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Haha can't run on a country route, only do about 8 stops an hour.
When your supervisor asks you to help a driver you respond “ ok sure I’ll call him after my hour lunch at 8pm when I’m done” ...you’ve been here 20 years, quit being a rookie..

MrBates

I don't mind helping other guys out most of the time, but last Friday I was sent a message via diad to help another driver. I knew there was other drivers with less seniority almost done or already done. I replied on the diad, " say you're forcing me and if not I'm coming in the building. When I got back to the center at 5:48pm the supervisor that sent the message ask if I helped him, I replied no and went home. The supervisor called my Union Stewart and told him they would be walking me off the property Tuesday. BTW one of the less senior drivers is this supervisor nephew and he had been off since 4:45pm without a 8 hour request. Just looking for suggestions on how I should handle this.

Management knew that the wording was pretty clear. No one can really "force" you to help but "instructed" means you were directed to help.

Always work as directed, making sure to stick it to em so they really pay for it, and then give them the double whammy by grieving it later. Rinse and repeat a few times and they will never bother you again.

It also might be in your best interest to work "safer" and don't come back so early. It's Management's job to squeeze the most out of you. Don't let them do that.

Dabumrush

Management knew that the wording was pretty clear. No one can really "force" you to help but "instructed" means you were directed to help.

Always work as directed, making sure to stick it to em so they really pay for it, and then give them the double whammy by grieving it later. Rinse and repeat a few times and they will never bother you again.

It also might be in your best interest to work "safer" and don't come back so early. It's Management's job to squeeze the most out of you. Don't let them do that.
I understand, but Friday was the only day of the week I made it in before 8pm. Thanks for the info

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I understand, but Friday was the only day of the week I made it in before 8pm. Thanks for the info
No way are you sending a 8pm eta and your supes are asking you to go help someone. Did you date one of your supervisors? Is this retaliation from him for dumping him?

barnyard

KTM rider
Unless they told you how many stops to take, go meet the driver, take 1 stop, deliver it, go in and punch out.

By doing that, you will have worked as directed while at the same time making a point that you do not want to be asked.

Also, when asked to help, your phone should no longer work and make sure that everything they ask you to do, you make it as difficult as possible.

If you have had 2 days over 9/5, then take enough work so that you go over for your 3rd and then file for penalty pay. I did that and have not been asked to help anyone since.

barnyard

KTM rider
When your supervisor asks you to help a driver you respond “ ok sure I’ll call him after my hour lunch at 8pm when I’m done” ...you’ve been here 20 years, quit being a rookie..

Nay. When asked to help, my phone quits working and dispatch has to set up the meet. I am taking all of my break and meal 1st and I do not respond to messages when I am on break.

porkwagon

Please be thankful you have a high paying union job on this holiday weekend...I just saw an amazon van drive down the road..

Absolutely! But I saw something today I've never seen in my 32 years with UPS. I'm on Vacation in Virginia Beach and I saw a package car today. Sunday before Labor Day. Anyone here know what that's about?

Poop Head

Judge me.
Absolutely! But I saw something today I've never seen in my 32 years with UPS. I'm on Vacation in Virginia Beach and I saw a package car today. Sunday before Labor Day. Anyone here know what that's about?
Probably an outside company transporting package cars. Ive seen plenty on the highways, at crazy hours. Pull up next to them, and there's usually a piece of paper taped to the side window, with some random transport company logo and dot info

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
ups delivers on sunday now, select places are doing it

porkwagon

Probably an outside company transporting package cars. Ive seen plenty on the highways, at crazy hours. Pull up next to them, and there's usually a piece of paper taped to the side window, with some random transport company logo and dot info

I don't think so. Driver was in his Browns and it wasn't a new PC.