Forced to work the Memorial holiday with no OT - WTF?

kickpackage1

Quit bitching and do something about it GOOOOOOO UNION that is the only way you will ever stop the BS that goes on in that company , if not you will be on here every day complaining about the stupid SH## that fedex does and gets away with or grow some balls and do what I did walk the friend out and never look back that company is a complete joke . Remember this if fedex has no delivery drivers they make no money it is the delivery drivers that make that company work not the pencil pushers and remember this Fedex is not the only company out there to work for there is better.

Slave101

Quit bitching and do something about it GOOOOOOO UNION that is the only way you will ever stop the BS that goes on in that company , if not you will be on here every day complaining about the stupid SH## that fedex does and gets away with or grow some balls and do what I did walk the friend out and never look back that company is a complete joke . Remember this if fedex has no delivery drivers they make no money it is the delivery drivers that make that company work not the pencil pushers and remember this Fedex is not the only company out there to work for there is better.
Got a point there

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Remember this, if fedex has no delivery drivers they make no money it is the delivery drivers that make that company work not the pencil pushers.
Absolutely. Corporate has one skill and that's biting the hand that feeds them. Senior management does not generate one thin dime in revenue.

Purplepackage

It's funny how this stuff varies between stations. At my station all the Tuesday-saturday and the 4/10 guys with Monday off all have there holiday tomorrow, we prefer to bring part timers who are off Tuesdays and pay them ot for 11 hours of work. Must be cheaper or something

Yozh69

I'm a newb working Tues-Sat. We were told that Tuesday was a normal workday but we would be paid for an additional 4 hours on Tuesday. I "assumed" that this meant we would get paid Monday holiday pay and time and a half on Tuesday for working a day off. However, after reading this I'm not so sure.

My manager of course took today off for a 4-day weekend so I couldn't ask him. I guess I'll find out next week.

Just to follow-up: I did get holiday pay for Memorial Day but Tuesday was a normal workday. So I did not get a three-day weekend nor did I get the opportunity to pick another day without pay to take-off.