Forced to work the Memorial holiday with no OT - WTF?

FedexCares

So, I am a FT courier that works Tuesday - Saturday. Whenever there is a holiday on a Monday, since I don't work on Mondays my holiday pay is accrued Tuesday, and us tues-sat people get 3 day weekends like everyone else.

They just let us know today that all tuesday-saturday people (there is probably 30 of us) are working the tuesday (mandatory) after memorial day, which is supposed to be a day off with holiday pay for us. Instead, they are giving us our holiday pay on Monday (even though I don't see how this is even possible as Monday is not a normal work-day for us anyways), and having us all come in for our normal work-week after memorial day. In addition, since these are "normal" work days for us (tues-sat), there won't be any OT involved.

So basically, everyone in my station gets a 3 day weekend, except all the tues-sat people who only get a 2 day weekend, but get no OT either somehow.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? In my years at Fedex, I have never seen a tues-sat employee get paid for a holiday on Monday which is not even a scheduled workday, and then be forced to come in the day after the holiday with no OT.

Goldilocks

My manager has me off on Tuesday so will I get Holiday pay? I work this Saturday. I'm pretty new so sorry for stupid questions but I honestly don't know. Thanks in advance.

Yes you will be paid for Monday and for Tuesday you can either take holiday cash or schedule another day off since you are working Tuesday. They won't tell you this and you have 30 days to schedule a day off. They have to pay you for Monday.

*****cleared*****

So if I'm scheduled to work Tuesday which is my normal day off and because of the holiday I am being forced to work, I'm allowed another day off if used within 30 days?

So, I am a FT courier that works Tuesday - Saturday. Whenever there is a holiday on a Monday, since I don't work on Mondays my holiday pay is accrued Tuesday, and us tues-sat people get 3 day weekends like everyone else.

They just let us know today that all tuesday-saturday people (there is probably 30 of us) are working the tuesday (mandatory) after memorial day, which is supposed to be a day off with holiday pay for us. Instead, they are giving us our holiday pay on Monday (even though I don't see how this is even possible as Monday is not a normal work-day for us anyways), and having us all come in for our normal work-week after memorial day. In addition, since these are "normal" work days for us (tues-sat), there won't be any OT involved.

So basically, everyone in my station gets a 3 day weekend, except all the tues-sat people who only get a 2 day weekend, but get no OT either somehow.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? In my years at Fedex, I have never seen a tues-sat employee get paid for a holiday on Monday which is not even a scheduled workday, and then be forced to come in the day after the holiday with no OT.
I'm getting screwed in the exact same way Fedexcares. All they care about is PSP. (profit, screwing Frontline employees, profit).

Goldilocks

you sure about that. He said Tues is his reg day off not Monday?

If he is Tuesday thru Saturday and holiday lands on Monday then he gets another day off if they are not allowing him to take Tues off, probably because of staffing. He has 30 days to schedule that day off. Yes they seem to forget to tell us, lol

Artee

So if I'm scheduled to work Tuesday which is my normal day off and because of the holiday I am being forced to work, I'm allowed another day off if used within 30 days?

That is correct, except you have 90 days to take another day, not 30. Of course that will be an unpaid day off since they are already paying you on Monday.