Forced?

To be fair, I have never questioned the level of representation that I have received. What I have said is that the union is not the end all, be all and that unions promote mediocrity.

And that same union is the reason you were hired, paid, insured, and will receive a pension when you leave. Looks like quite a bit if not all to me.

BrownChoice

Who cares about the union dues every month, i mean cmon. I cant help but laugh at the fact drivers who are or will be making 70-90k or more a year, piss and moan about a few hundred dollars a year.....

O

OLDMAN3

Tootechie is hungry. I think he'll have lunch now.

Sent using BrownCafe App
It has come to the attention of Integrety, Oh sorry, ChickenLegs that some drivers are dishonestly and unsafely driving across the street...out of their way for lunch. Perhaps drivers should walk across the road instead of wasting gas. For you discussion.
Which begs the question...

Why did the Chicken cross the road?

Too help Dave safely cross.

Keep liking each other's posts. It really adds to the credibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not "forced unionism", you are paying for a service. If you don't like it, please go work in a non-union job. If you don't have the decency to pay $20 a month, then I don't want my dues supporting you. Hope you don't make it in my building, on my shift, because we would not get along.
Your dues are based on your hourly rate....not just a flat fee for everyone. Many of us pay much more than 20 a month.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Mine are $84/mo. But that gets me pension, medical and $8 to $10 dollars an hour more than if we were non-union. Well worth it. I did not mention representation for any discipline because we barely have that anymore.

Sent using BrownCafe App

purplesky

To be fair, I have never questioned the level of representation that I have received. What I have said is that the union is not the end all, be all and that unions promote mediocrity.

UPS makes record profits off a workforce that is mediocre?

We wouldn't even have a pension without the union.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It has come to the attention of Integrety, Oh sorry, ChickenLegs that some drivers are dishonestly and unsafely driving across the street...out of their way for lunch. Perhaps drivers should walk across the road instead of wasting gas. For you discussion.
Which begs the question...

Why did the Chicken cross the road?

Too help Dave safely cross.

Keep liking each other's posts. It really adds to the credibility.

Me thinks you have one too many vowels in your user name----dropping the I would more accurately describe your posts.