Former UPS Manager running for US Senate

bbsam

Staff member
A valid point but actually the last thing America needs is a community organizer that trained people to sponge off the government.
Then perhaps you can tell me who it is that is sponging off the government led by Obama. Auto industry executives? Union auto workers? Bankers? Military contractors? The unemployed? Fred S?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Edit:
would you want your Center Manager to be an experienced former-driver or some accounting whiz who never touched a box in his life?

Why can't he have both skill sets?

Some people are live long learners.
I know many people with BA's, BS's, MBA's and JD's at UPS that started loading cardboard and are now delivering cardboard.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Then perhaps you can tell me who it is that is sponging off the government led by Obama. Auto industry executives? Union auto workers? Bankers? Military contractors? The unemployed? Fred S?
You need to travel to Watertown. Go to riggs ave, state st area. Tell me no one is abusing the welfare system. Let's go to any tax return place. Let's see the tens of thousands of dollars being handed to people because they are populating the earth. Not because they are underprivileged parents. They don't know what parents means.

bbsam

Staff member
You need to travel to Watertown. Go to riggs ave, state st area. Tell me no one is abusing the welfare system. Let's go to any tax return place. Let's see the tens of thousands of dollars being handed to people because they are populating the earth. Not because they are underprivileged parents. They don't know what parents means.

So you believe that public welfare is more problematic than corporate and it is all a product of the current administration?

menotyou

bella amicizia
So you believe that public welfare is more problematic than corporate and it is all a product of the current administration?
I think they are too separate issues. Not a product of this administration. But, being ignored by this administration. Let's just look at the never ending unemployment Benny's. Go to any Walmart or better yet, Kmart on the day those monies are deposited. Kmart disperses those monies here. Those people who 'can't find work' walk right by the help wanted sign in the window to get those unemployment Benny's. Obama has gone out of his way to extend those. It's his welfare.

bbsam

Staff member
So then, if we limited unemployment to 40 weeks, these people would be forced to find jobs. But that simply isn't true in enough cases. Because when bennys do run out after 99 weeks, what happens? Some find work, but others simply stop looking. That's why there was muted applause when the rate dropped to 8.6%. Everyone knows it wasn't because all these people found jobs. And what of the companies looking for employees? We've had alot of applicants show up to drive for Fedex Ground, but without the experience, good driving record, and 10 year back-ground check, it's a no-go. That happens alot more at every company these days.

I do not wholly discount your assertions, but the bennys are not the problem, but a portion of a greatly disfunctional solution. This government has a duty to it's citizens as a kind of care taker of the economy. If it is going to regulate, tax, set monetary policy, etc., then it's not fair to the electorate when they place themselves in perpetual gridlock. The bennys were to be an extended bridge until the economic ails could be addressed. Washington has failed miserably on this and while Obama is not blameless, I think this Congress, elected on "Jobs, Jobs, Jobs" holds more of the blame. Remember, businesses have been doing very, very well under this administration. And when companies complain about regulation, it rings completely hollow to me. How can we complain about the banks being "too big to fail" and then turn them loose in unfettered capitalism where the bottom line drives all final decisions?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I believe Congress should be swept clean. Then, wipe the election laws clean. No more donating to candidates. No more lobbying.

But, if you run for leader of the Free World, you better try to do the job. I have not seen this.