Forum Trolls

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am a proponent of free speech, so anytime I see something that smacks of censorship it disturbs me.

That being said, this site is private property and we arent paying any money to use it, so any decisions regarding forum rules ought to be solely up to Cheryl. Her house, her rules.

Like everybody else, I have in the past been goaded in to responding to trolls. I havent done it recently though. The best way to get rid of trolls is to simply ignore them. They feed off of attention, so if it isnt given to them they will move on.

I do feel that it should take more than 2 members complaining to brand someone as a "troll," particularly if they are a long-term member with lots of posts, like Bubblehead. I know that my posts can piss enough people off to get me labeled as a troll, and I would really prefer to not be labeled as such. At the very least, I think it should take 6 or even 8 complaints before someone gets a troll label. Just my humble opinion, but I will respect and comply with the rules here whether I agree with them or not.

oldngray

nowhere special
I am a proponent of free speech, so anytime I see something that smacks of censorship it disturbs me.

That being said, this site is private property and we arent paying any money to use it, so any decisions regarding forum rules ought to be solely up to Cheryl. Her house, her rules.

Like everybody else, I have in the past been goaded in to responding to trolls. I havent done it recently though. The best way to get rid of trolls is to simply ignore them. They feed off of attention, so if it isnt given to them they will move on.

I do feel that it should take more than 2 members complaining to brand someone as a "troll," particularly if they are a long-term member with lots of posts, like Bubblehead. I know that my posts can piss enough people off to get me labeled as a troll, and I would really prefer to not be labeled as such. At the very least, I think it should take 6 or even 8 complaints before someone gets a troll label. Just my humble opinion, but I will respect and comply with the rules here whether I agree with them or not.

I like the idea of the troll tag but agree that only 2 people complaining shouldn't be enough or eventually everyone will be a troll. I don't know what a good number should be but maybe 5 or 6 is my suggestion.

over9five

Staff member

You or Bubblehead will never get labeled as trolls, it just wouldn't happen. My word. Even tho I don't like to speak for the others, in this case I'm sure I do.
And it's not censorship, as no-one said anything about restricting the "trolls" postings as long as they abide by the TOS.
It's only meant as a label that the general public can see, and THEN decide if they want to continue reading.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Trolls should be banned from starting threads PERIOD
That's where all the issues come from, not an errant post
Plus, cleans up the list to see interesting topics

New Users should be able to start one to ask questions

over9five

Staff member
Are you willing to learn?

Will you teach me?

40119800.jpg