Forum Trolls

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm against anything that will take any more fun out of the BC. I find trolls very amusing---especially when someone takes them seriously---as is usually the case here. This is an internet forum after all- you aren't in Court with your hand on a Bible-------contrary to popular beleif you can put stuff on the internet that isn't true.

Overpaid Union Thug

Back in the early days of BC we could spot a troll almost instantly. It was easy with the limited amount of members we had then. Less people kind of made BC more exclusive. Most of the arguing was between random hourly members and Tieguy. I think our biggest problem was people posting under two different handles. They'd comment and sign in under the other handle and agree what themselves. Now more members equals more potential for arguing.

And speaking of old times.. is there a way I could merge my username with my old username from 1999? I'd love to see "Member since 1999" under my avatar.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
And speaking of old times.. is there a way I could merge my username with my old username from 1999? I'd love to see "Member since 1999" under my avatar.
I can do that for you. Pm me your previous username and the email address you used to register it. If it's still in the database I can merge them for you.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Love it Cheryl. As you probably know one of the most annoying trolls on the forum uses multiple accounts. Anything that can be done about that situation.

Overpaid Union Thug

I can do that for you. Pm me your previous username and the email address you used to register it. If it's still in the database I can merge them for you.

Awesome! Now if i could just remember my email address from 1999. LOL! Or maybe it was 2000.

Returntosender

57409_10200787746550578_22802906_o_zps6fc95dd1.jpg

davidmex

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The membership of browncafe have varying views both on what constitutes a troll and how to deal with trolls. Some people view mere antagonism as trolling, while others have a more strict definition. Some people want to ban trolls, others want us all to ignore trolls.

Starting now, there will be a new mod policy for dealing with trolling. Anyone reported by 2 or more members to be trolling our forum will have their posts reviewed by moderators and if we determine that they are intentionally posting personal attacks on other members or disseminating bad advice to mislead participants then their custom user title will be changed to "Troll". That way everyone can see that the person has been reported by other members to be trolling our forum. Then others can choose to put them on the ignore list in their profile or choose to respond to or ignore what they say.

The definition that will be used for what constitutes trolling is:
Any member that goes out of their way to make insulting, offensive, or annoying posts to gain attention or upset people rather than contributing any actual content.

Please feel free to continue reporting messages you think are from trolls, and we will continue to address them on a case by case basis. If you feel someone deserves the "Troll" user title, it will help us address the issue if you report trolling posts with the reasons why you consider it trolling (Remember - dissent is not trolling!)

If anyone feels that their "Troll" user title is unwarranted, they may petition the mods to have it removed. The mods will review the issue and make a decision.

Does this apply for Mods as well?

The membership of browncafe have varying views both on what constitutes a troll and how to deal with trolls. Some people view mere antagonism as trolling, while others have a more strict definition. Some people want to ban trolls, others want us all to ignore trolls.

Starting now, there will be a new mod policy for dealing with trolling. Anyone reported by 2 or more members to be trolling our forum will have their posts reviewed by moderators and if we determine that they are intentionally posting personal attacks on other members or disseminating bad advice to mislead participants then their custom user title will be changed to "Troll". That way everyone can see that the person has been reported by other members to be trolling our forum. Then others can choose to put them on the ignore list in their profile or choose to respond to or ignore what they say.

The definition that will be used for what constitutes trolling is:
Any member that goes out of their way to make insulting, offensive, or annoying posts to gain attention or upset people rather than contributing any actual content.

Please feel free to continue reporting messages you think are from trolls, and we will continue to address them on a case by case basis. If you feel someone deserves the "Troll" user title, it will help us address the issue if you report trolling posts with the reasons why you consider it trolling (Remember - dissent is not trolling!)

If anyone feels that their "Troll" user title is unwarranted, they may petition the mods to have it removed. The mods will review the issue and make a decision.
That is sexy right there.