Negotiations

Non liberal

Now your argument is it would cost our health system needlessly? So we should ban alcohol and cigarettes than right? Junk food?
Come on man

Remember this all started from you saying republicans wanted personal freedoms lol, we’re talking about weed…

But I think we should end this, I showed you the data and you’re choosing to ignore so no need to further spam this thread
No, you’re not arguing apples to apples. Alcohol cigs, junk food all affect the person using them. Weed goes outside that realm and affects those around you as well. And yes, in the grand scheme of things republicans are for more freedom, individual control, vs dems who want bigger government meaning more laws. Very simple.

HarryWarden

No, you’re not arguing apples to apples. Alcohol cigs, junk food all affect the person using them. Weed goes outside that realm and affects those around you as well. And yes, in the grand scheme of things republicans are for more freedom, individual control, vs dems who want bigger government meaning more laws. Very simple.
ok so republicans can legalize it and say only use it in the Privacy of your own home… now what’s the reason

HarryWarden

Harry, republicans aren’t in charge
Hypothetically. Or I’ll say they could have when they controlled the house and senate when trump was president. But I’m more talking to you

But honestly we should probably stop this I don’t think the other members want to hear this

You don’t like weed and that’s fine I respect your opinion. I believe in personal freedoms and don’t need the government to babysit me but we can put our differences aside, we’re union brothers let’s just worry about this :censored2: at ups for now

Non liberal

Hypothetically. Or I’ll say they could have when they controlled the house and senate when trump was president. But I’m more talking to you

But honestly we should probably stop this I don’t think the other members want to hear this

You don’t like weed and that’s fine I respect your opinion. I believe in personal freedoms and don’t need the government to babysit me but we can put our differences aside, we’re union brothers let’s just worry about this :censored2: at ups for now
Ok, but democrats have been in charge a lot more than republicans lately. Maybe u should look to your own party first.

Non liberal

Don’t need the gov to babysit you yet you vote for bigger government? Hmm…

HarryWarden

Ok, but democrats have been in charge a lot more than republicans lately. Maybe u should look to your own party first.
Yea a lot of democrats suck lol. If I could talk to Biden I would ask him how he feels about his crime bill locking up so many black men in prison for drug use and taking away fathers from their children which is a huge problem in the black community while his son is also out there smoking crack, did he deserve to be in prison? Not so easy an answer when it’s your own child. can he not see the hypocrisy and realize it’s not a criminal issue but a mental health and addiction issue. I would also call Obama and Clinton hypocrites for acting cool for smoking weed while not advocating or pushing to legalize also

Non liberal

Yea a lot of democrats suck lol. If I could talk to Biden I would ask him how he feels about his crime bill locking up so many black men in prison for drug use and taking away fathers from their children which is a huge problem in the black community while his son is also out there smoking crack, did he deserve to be in prison? Not so easy an answer when it’s your own child. can he not see the hypocrisy and realize it’s not a criminal issue but a mental health and addiction issue. I would also call Obama and Clinton hypocrites for acting cool for smoking weed while not advocating or pushing to legalize also
Well they are definitely hypocrites however people need to go to jail for drug use. It’s not ok. They know the rules, and even though they had families, they chose to risk it and break them. I’d say it’s more of a moral and values issue. And what does it matter if they’re white, black, or whatever?

HarryWarden

Well they are definitely hypocrites however people need to go to jail for drug use. It’s not ok. They know the rules, and even though they had families, they chose to risk it and break them. I’d say it’s more of a moral and values issue. And what does it matter if they’re white, black, or whatever?
Ok, again, agree to disagree. I don’t think people should go to jail for what they do with their own body. As long as you’re not harming anyone else or using while you’re driving or at work who cares. The war on drugs has been an absolute failure. We saw that with alcohol, they made that illegal and guess what, crime rose and people were dying from tainted alcohol.

You want the government to tell you what you can do with your own body and you want your tax money to be used to imprison non violent adults. I don’t. I’d rather save the prison space for rapists and murderers and use the rest of the money on mental health and addiction services.

Do you think we should make alcohol illegal too? How many people does that kill a year? How many drunk driving deaths and abusive households?

Again, so much for personal freedoms from the republicans.

I don’t think we’re getting anywhere with this though and I feel bad for all the people have to scroll through this looking for information on the negotiations, let’s just agree to disagree, and stand together and fight for our contract at UPS

Non liberal

Ok, again, agree to disagree. I don’t think people should go to jail for what they do with their own body. As long as you’re not harming anyone else or using while you’re driving or at work who cares. The war on drugs has been an absolute failure. We saw that with alcohol, they made that illegal and guess what, crime rose and people were dying from tainted alcohol.

You want the government to tell you what you can do with your own body and you want your tax money to be used to imprison non violent adults. I don’t. I’d rather save the prison space for rapists and murderers and use the rest of the money on mental health and addiction services.

Do you think we should make alcohol illegal too? How many people does that kill a year? How many drunk driving deaths and abusive households?

I don’t think we’re getting anywhere with this though and I feel bad for all the people have to scroll through this looking for information on the negotiations, let’s just agree to disagree, and stand together and fight for our contract at UPS
Sure. I mean if alcohol was illegal, then you yes you should go to jail if you use it. That’s the law. Fact is both parties don’t want it or it would be. It’s not a right or left issue.

Thebrownblob

Back on topic...where do these "journalists" get their facts?

“UPS drivers make $18.05 an hour in Arkansas, $17.63 in Oklahoma and $21.02 in Connecticut, according to Indeed.”

They, indeed, should not use indeed

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

You're not cut out for a Class A CDL life