Four Democrats plead guilty to voter fraud

Lue C Fur

Evil member
A response that has nothing to do with fraud? Must be more going on than I know or care about.

And many of your posts have nothing to do with the subject at hand...just attacks...but thats OK for you and your Buddy TOS? And there is MUCH more going on but you dont know or care about. When a BC member constantly is called out for personal attacks, accusations, lies, and missinformation and continues to run and hide, i guess thats OK with you since its your buddy? Yet you dont know or care....ummmm...OK.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Whatever. Both try to steal elections. Bunch of :censored2:bags. Simple.

Yes, both Repubs and Dems are Douchbags. The book should be thrown at all who violate the law. Maybe one way to help stop voter fraud would be for everyone to present an ID to vote...

Lue C Fur

Evil member
luci's opening sentence portrayed the democrats as the "only" party who's involved in election scandals. Everyone knows this is not true. BOTH parties have always been involved in some kind of election scandals over decades.

Ok so in the future, anytime a Dem is gulity of something then i will find a Republican doing the same and point that out also. WILL YOU DO THE SAME, OR WILL YOU CONTINUE TO BE A TOTAL HYPOCRITE???

bbsam

Staff member
I guess you could say its akin to you going suddenly quiet when I destroyed your argument in the compact truck thread huh?
No. If you would like to take it up here, fine. If diesels were to be profitable en masse in the U.S., we would have them. If the market for 48mpg cars were much larger than for 37mpg cars we would have them. But that is not the market in this country. Do you think that Ford doesn't bring diesels for any reason other than market forces of supply and demand? Government regulation? What? Ford engineers are not up to the task but VW engineers are? VW has built their demand (a niche as it were) over the years. Ford can and will do the same with the Eco-boost line. Frankly the technology, such as turbo charging and direct injection, are much the same as with diesels but the demand in the U.S. is more gasoline friendly. Again, does Ford care whether their vehicles run on gasoline or diesel? No. They care that they sell at a profit.

bbsam

Staff member
And many of your posts have nothing to do with the subject at hand...just attacks...but thats OK for you and your Buddy TOS? And there is MUCH more going on but you dont know or care about. When a BC member constantly is called out for personal attacks, accusations, lies, and missinformation and continues to run and hide, i guess thats OK with you since its your buddy? Yet you dont know or care....ummmm...OK.
As a matter of fact, I don't read many of TOS's posts. Too long for me. Same with Wk. (SorryWk.) :happy2:

brett636

No. If you would like to take it up here, fine. If diesels were to be profitable en masse in the U.S., we would have them. If the market for 48mpg cars were much larger than for 37mpg cars we would have them. But that is not the market in this country. Do you think that Ford doesn't bring diesels for any reason other than market forces of supply and demand? Government regulation? What? Ford engineers are not up to the task but VW engineers are? VW has built their demand (a niche as it were) over the years. Ford can and will do the same with the Eco-boost line. Frankly the technology, such as turbo charging and direct injection, are much the same as with diesels but the demand in the U.S. is more gasoline friendly. Again, does Ford care whether their vehicles run on gasoline or diesel? No. They care that they sell at a profit.

Its really not that hard to go back to the thread and reply there. Makes a lot more sense than trying to hold a secondary debate in a thread with a completely different topic. Obviously you are not replying there for a reason and that is because you don't want to admit you have no basis for an argument.

bbsam

Staff member
The basis is profit. If companies believed it woud be significantly profitable to put diesels in lower end lines, they would do so. As to where I was wrong, yes, VW sells more diesel jettas than gasoline. However, the percentage of diesel passenger cars sold in the U.S. remains about the same year after year. There is no outcry for a huge influx of diesel passenger vehicles in this country.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Friday afternoon before Christmas weekend, you think they’re trying to keep this out of the news? Especially when you consider polls show 70% support voter ID laws.
(WaPo) — The Justice Department on Friday entered the divisive national debate over new state voting laws, rejecting South Carolina’s measure requiring photo-identification at the polls as discriminatory against minority voters.
The decision by Justice’s Civil Rights Division could heighten political tensions over the new laws, which critics say could depress turnout among minorities and others who helped elect President Obama in 2008. A dozen states this year passed laws requiring voters to present state-issued photo identification, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Although Democratic governors vetoed four of the measures, liberal and civil rights groups have raised alarms about the remaining laws. Opponents of the laws say they would discriminate against minorities and others, such as low-income voters, because some don’t have the necessary photo identification and lack the means to easily obtain ID cards.

Under the 1965 Voting Rights Act, several of the states that enacted voter-identification laws are required to receive federal “pre-clearance” to ensure that the changes don’t affect minority political power.

In its first decision on one of those new measures, the Justice Department said Friday that South Carolina’s law will discriminate against minority voters, though the department declined to take a position on whether the alleged discrimination was intentional.

The law, passed in May and signed by Gov. Nikki Haley (R), requires voters to show a driver’s license or one of several other forms of photo identification.

brett636

The basis is profit. If companies believed it woud be significantly profitable to put diesels in lower end lines, they would do so. As to where I was wrong, yes, VW sells more diesel jettas than gasoline. However, the percentage of diesel passenger cars sold in the U.S. remains about the same year after year. There is no outcry for a huge influx of diesel passenger vehicles in this country.

I will gladly engage you and continue to embarrass you on this topic in the thread that this discussion originated from. The only reason I brought it up was to point out your hypocrisy in this thread by accusing someone of something you are obviously guilty of yourself.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I would own an Audi A3 TDI right now, if I could have found one on the East Coast when I was looking. Instead, my Volvo was marked down almost $15,000.
So, I bought that as a second choice.

bbsam

Staff member
I would own an Audi A3 TDI right now, if I could have found one on the East Coast when I was looking. Instead, my Volvo was marked down almost $15,000.
So, I bought that as a second choice.

And what company wants to mark a car down $15 grand just to move it out the door? I simply maintain that if car companies thought they could make a healthy profit by bringing more and more diesels to market, they would do so. If, however, they have to discount it by more than twice what the diesel option listed for in order to sell it, where is the profit motive?

wkmac

As a matter of fact, I don't read many of TOS's posts. Too long for me. Same with Wk. (SorryWk.) :happy2:

No problem. I have to confess I don't read all your 20 plus something responses on a thread either. I guess posting is like a meal. You can chow down with a good helping and then move on or you can just sit there and pick at all day. But, whatever works right?

And and you might owe Lue an apology as I see it.

Have you read all the posts?

You've all but admitted you don't!

:happy2:

bbsam

Staff member
I, bbsam, of somewhat noble lineage and far less noble moral character, do hereby submit my most humble of apologies to he known as Lue C Fur on this the eve of the celebration of the birth othe one true Lord and Savior who hat commanded of me, his most humble of servants, that I shall at all times and in all places abmit my loathesome failings not only to Him. But also to my fellow man that I may know true freedom, life and happiness so help me God since we are both ready for some football and getting ready to rumble all for our love of logistics, Amen.

wkmac

I, bbsam, of somewhat noble lineage and far less noble moral character, do hereby submit my most humble of apologies to he known as Lue C Fur on this the eve of the celebration of the birth othe one true Lord and Savior who hat commanded of me, his most humble of servants, that I shall at all times and in all places abmit my loathesome failings not only to Him. But also to my fellow man that I may know true freedom, life and happiness so help me God since we are both ready for some football and getting ready to rumble all for our love of logistics, Amen.

:rofl: Now that's funny I don't care who you are!

menotyou

bella amicizia
And what company wants to mark a car down $15 grand just to move it out the door? I simply maintain that if car companies thought they could make a healthy profit by bringing more and more diesels to market, they would do so. If, however, they have to discount it by more than twice what the diesel option listed for in order to sell it, where is the profit motive?
Alan Byer Volvo, Syracuse, NY.

I was just adding that I would have bought a diesel had I been able to.