Four Wheel Drive UPS trucks?

drewed

Shankman
*Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.

Which would it be, obscene, indecent or inappropriate?

wrecker

Trickpony, is everyone in your feeder dept qualified to pull triples? Or is that a special qualification like an airport badge or double 45' permit?

I know it is off topic, just curious.

29th Christmas

I'll ignore the p0rn and get us back on topic.

In my satellite we need a 4x4 Nov-April, ....but instead we just EC anything questionable.
I know the company has them in the Colo mtns

We would even settle for the old Ford Econoline 2wd van bubbletops.

trickpony1

Trickpony, is everyone in your feeder dept qualified to pull triples? Or is that a special qualification like an airport badge or double 45' permit?

I know it is off topic, just curious.

When triples first came to our state the rule was a driver had to drive feeders for two years before he/she could be triple qualified.

You know how long that lasted.

Now the rule is 6 months driving feeder then you can qualify for triples.

I wonder if the company "wined and dined" the DOT to get that changed?

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
The MH series Mack's had lots of room. Most feeder drivers thought the had died and went to parcel heaven when they started replacing the friend Models with the MH's!

Can you say power steering, great heat & A/C. No more doghouse so you could lay flat while taking a nap!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I used to get the pleasure of driving an old 1968 P600 with the narrow wooden shelves. I just loved those wood splinters up under the finger nails!

We had one of those in our center, when I started driving. I could never understand the narrow shelving, or the fact that the seat belt bolt protruded at just the right height to bang right into the knee cap.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Cool looking Ford Package Car, I have never seen anything like that.

The reason the old package cars had narrow shelves is because the boxes were smaller and there was a 50 lb weight limit back then.

Speaking of old cars, I remember driving a P5 that the steering wheel was about 6 inches off centered from the seat. I think it was what we called a "high neck" Ford, because the gas cap was behind the rear wheel and had a long neck on it. If the gas gauge went out, the mechanics would write it up a "servicable", even though you couldn't tell if it had any gas in it.