FOX news promotes business who violates Federal Law...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Aww, just like I said, it was only a matter of time before the restaurant faced a court challenge, and today, they ended the discriminatory practice of offering discounts for prayers.

Facing a civil action for violating TITLE II of the civil rights act of 1964, the restaurant ended the policy in order to avoid being sued.

It seems the unnecessary promotion by FOX news stirred up enough attention to bring out the lawyers.

Kudos to those lawyers who put their foot on the necks of religious zealots trying to promote something they shouldnt legally.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/nc-restaurant-ends-prayer-discount-over-fears-lawsuit-photos

TOS.

Rainman

Its all good.
You want to live out what you believe, so what's wrong with other people living out what they believe? If the restaurant charged the people who didn't pray extra, then I could understand your complaint. The way you come across is my way or the highway. Don't we get enough of that crap at work?
Just because someone sues doesn't mean the restaurant was breaking laws. It is probably just an intimidation tactic.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You want to live out what you believe, so what's wrong with other people living out what they believe? If the restaurant charged the people who didn't pray extra, then I could understand your complaint. The way you come across is my way or the highway. Don't we get enough of that crap at work?
Just because someone sues doesn't mean the restaurant was breaking laws. It is probably just an intimidation tactic.

Psst, its against the law. It matters not what the personal belief of the restaurant owners are, they have to comply with the law.

Get the concept?

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If the original poster had bothered to read the story and understand it, the restaurant owner didn't say anything about offering the discount to only Christians. The owner only gives the discount randomly to people that publicly show that they are thankful in some way. So it could be any religion or somebody only pretending to bless their meal. The restaurant didn't post its policy and doesn't give the discount to everybody. If you don't agree with it, don't spend your money there. I bet their business got a big jump from the free publicity though.

Thats what makes it ILLEGAL bub. Man, what is it about the laws that you people just dont understand?

You cant do crap like this.

You religious types try so hard to be like the taliban it isnt even funny anymore.

For me, I am glad they stopped the practice before they took a beatdown in court.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thats what makes it ILLEGAL bub. Man, what is it about the laws that you people just dont understand?

You cant do crap like this.

You religious types try so hard to be like the taliban it isnt even funny anymore.

For me, I am glad they stopped the practice before they took a beatdown in court.

TOS.
"you people" .....??? Again??? Is that your favorite term?

Rainman

Its all good.
Psst, its against the law. It matters not what the personal belief of the restaurant owners are, they have to comply with the law.

Get the concept?

TOS.
I doubt that. If so, the discounts given to certain groups such as police, active duty military, ect would also be illegal. Someone sued because they wanted to be a spoiler. I could sue someone for any reason I wanted to. It doesn't mean they are guilty of anything. It could be just the fact I was acting like a :censored2: and trying to intimidate them into or against some type of action.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I doubt that. If so, the discounts given to certain groups such as police, active duty military, ect would also be illegal. Someone sued because they wanted to be a spoiler. I could sue someone for any reason I wanted to. It doesn't mean they are guilty of anything. It could be just the fact I was acting like a :censored2: and trying to intimidate them into or against some type of action.

Its amazing how clueless some of you really are. What part of this federal law dont you understand???

TITLE II of the civil rights act 1964

SEC. 201. (a) All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

Pretty easy to understand if you can read.

Police, fire officials and other government officials are NOT suppose to take gratuities and its against policy for them to do so.

This is no different than moreluck opening a small restaurant and offering discounts to whites and not other races of people.

She doesnt have that right to make that kind of an offer. She may believe she is racist, but it doesnt make it legal.

Same with this restaurant, they can believe in prayer, but they cannot segregate or discriminate against persons who DONT.

Equal protection under the law. Isnt that what all you constitutional experts keep claiming you want?

TOS.

Rainman

Its all good.
Its amazing how clueless some of you really are. What part of this federal law dont you understand???

TITLE II of the civil rights act 1964

SEC. 201. (a) All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, and privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

Pretty easy to understand if you can read.

Police, fire officials and other government officials are NOT suppose to take gratuities and its against policy for them to do so.

This is no different than moreluck opening a small restaurant and offering discounts to whites and not other races of people.

She doesnt have that right to make that kind of an offer. She may believe she is racist, but it doesnt make it legal.

Same with this restaurant, they can believe in prayer, but they cannot segregate or discriminate against persons who DONT.

Equal protection under the law. Isnt that what all you constitutional experts keep claiming you want?

TOS.
I guess you read what you want into laws and interpret them any way you want. I'm glad you aren't a judge.
Honestly, I've seen more racist comments on your postings than on anyone else's on BC. It's funny to see you refer to someone else as a racist.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I guess you read what you want into laws and interpret them any way you want. I'm glad you aren't a judge.
Honestly, I've seen more racist comments on your postings than on anyone else's on BC. It's funny to see you refer to someone else as a racist.

The law is pretty cut and dried. The only one trying to read anything into it is yourself.

Maybe you missed the words ALL PERSONS...

TOS.