Franchisees Protest

Sammie

Look to be some unhappy UPS Store Owners out there. :sad:

Two of the UPS Stores close to my home recently closed because they had no reliable support system. As I have said before, pull your head out, people!!!!!!!!!!

If they had issues beyond what they could deal with,
they were given the same assinine 1-800# that the rest of the world has to deal with, which is a black hole.

In the mean time, Fedex/Kinko's operations are very well meshed, extremely informative, and they just happen to be plugging right along. None of them have closed. Pretty sad that as an ex UPS employee, I frequent Kinko's quite a bit.

worldwide

"In the mean time, Fedex/Kinko's operations are very well meshed, extremely informative, and they just happen to be plugging right along."

Yes, plugging right along and losing money every quarter...

For the third quarter of FY '07, the FedEx Kinko’s segment reported:

• Revenue of $485 million, down 3% from last year’s $501 million
• Operating income of $4 million, down 43% from $7 million a year ago
• Operating margin of 0.8%, down from 1.4% the previous year

The FedEx Kinko’s revenue decrease for the quarter was primarily due to declines in copy product revenues, which more than offset higher package acceptance fees paid by FedEx Express and FedEx Ground. Operating margin was negatively impacted by the copy product revenue decline, network expansion costs and higher employee development and training costs.

FedEx Kinko’s continues a company-wide effort to refocus resources on core business priorities, including a multi-year network expansion using a lower-cost model.