frank serpico, famous police corruption whistleblower, speaks out

vantexan

getting stabbed 22x in jail is not justice ask chauvin
Chauvin held his knee a bit too long, but he was doing what he was trained to do. He didn't know the guy had ingested a lethal dose of fentanyl. He was thrown to the wolves so that the police department could cover their ass. A number of that department's cops have come out since saying they were trained to do that technique and that their top brass lied in court about it. But hey, gives you anti police people a martyr to attack the police over.

Thebrownblob

Chauvin held his knee a bit too long, but he was doing what he was trained to do. He didn't know the guy had ingested a lethal dose of fentanyl. He was thrown to the wolves so that the police department could cover their ass. A number of that department's cops have come out since saying they were trained to do that technique and that their top brass lied in court about it. But hey, gives you anti police people a martyr to attack the police over.
I am not anti-police, and I’m not saying you’re talking about me, but I would say if someone gave me an order like that, I would never do it. You have an obligation to treat people with dignity and respect you cannot just say “I was following orders” and do terrible things. Unfortunately for this officer, I think he realizes now that he’s the only one on the hook for it, and those above him through him overboard first chance they got.

vantexan

I am not anti-police, and I’m not saying you’re talking about me, but I would say if someone gave me an order like that, I would never do it. You have an obligation to treat people with dignity and respect you cannot just say “I was following orders” and do terrible things. Unfortunately for this officer, I think he realizes now that he’s the only one on the hook for it, and those above him through him overboard first chance they got.
Wasn't talking about you, and I do think he kept on Floyd too long. But it was a legitimate control technique that he was trained to do. He had no way of knowing Floyd had just swallowed the drugs he had on him to avoid charges for that. But he should've stopped when Floyd passed out. Call it depraved indifference or some such. For his superiors to say in court they weren't familiar with that technique was pretty pathetic.

Thebrownblob

Wasn't talking about you, and I do think he kept on Floyd too long. But it was a legitimate control technique that he was trained to do. He had no way of knowing Floyd had just swallowed the drugs he had on him to avoid charges for that. But he should've stopped when Floyd passed out. Call it depraved indifference or some such. For his superiors to say in court they weren't familiar with that technique was pretty pathetic.
I think the problem is these police departments, instill a sense of invisibility and unaccountability in some of these police officers, and some of them believe it….not all of them. and then, when somethings happened, they leave them high and dry.

vantexan

I think the problem is these police departments, instill a sense of invisibility and unaccountability in some of these police officers, and some of them believe it….not all of them.
I've seen a lot of video on YouTube of cops lying and abusing. Pretty corrupt stuff. Cops should be held to the highest standard. But going in the opposite extreme, rioting, looting, burning, defunding police, has certainly not made our cities safer. And I do think most cops are honest. There's just a tendency to circle the wagons to protect one of their own when they screw up.

Thebrownblob

I've seen a lot of video on YouTube of cops lying and abusing. Pretty corrupt stuff. Cops should be held to the highest standard. But going in the opposite extreme, rioting, looting, burning, defunding police, has certainly not made our cities safer. And I do think most cops are honest. There's just a tendency to circle the wagons to protect one of their own when they screw up.
Most of the rioting that took place had nothing to do with trying to change things they were opportunists, just looking to start trouble.

vantexan

Most of the rioting that took place had nothing to do with trying to change things they were opportunists, just looking to start trouble.
But every time there's a white cop killing a black they are ready to.tear everything down. Never happens with blacks killing blacks and is spurred on by the liberal establishment.

rickyb

i like getting chased by the cops and security. when we were teens we were smoking pot at the elementary school and we noticed 1 block away someone watching us in their car, so we walked up the playground half a block and the guy followed up the alley and appeared and then we turned around and decided to gtfo and we went back to the street corner towards the hood and we started bolting and he screeched his tires and chased after us in his car, we ran down the alley which was a dead end and we dipped into my friends basement and we looked out the curtains and this guy was patrolling the cul de sac and then left.

vantexan

i like getting chased by the cops and security. when we were teens we were smoking pot at the elementary school and we noticed 1 block away someone watching us in their car, so we walked up the playground half a block and the guy followed up the alley and appeared and then we turned around and decided to gtfo and we went back to the street corner towards the hood and we started bolting and he screeched his tires and chased after us in his car, we ran down the alley which was a dead end and we dipped into my friends basement and we looked out the curtains and this guy was patrolling the cul de sac and then left.
Wow, you're an action hero.