Fraternizing

UPSER256

So a close friend of mine is a hourly employee at UPS and was dating a Part-time Supervisor. She broke up with him because they just didnt get along. The relationship lasted 3-4months. No one would have suspected them dating. They actually thought that she was dating someone else. Now he is wanting to have her moved to a different center and giving her a hard time. She does not have a problem at all with him. She can work with him just fine. He just has the issue of other people commenting about her (even in good ways like she is "one of the hardest workers we have") She has kept all the texts he is sending about moving her and what not. So we would just like to know what are the fraternizing rules and if she was to talk to Union and upper management in a meeting together, would there be a possibility of her being fired or moved? Or would he?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Members of management aren't supposed to date other employees, period. I have seen it happen a few times over the years, it usually ends badly. I have seen a handful of full time supervisors and managers fired for it. And I have also seen a few get away with it too.

over9five

Staff member
If the part-time sup had any brains, he'd keep his mouth shut. It is he who will get in trouble, not the hourly.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I thought so too at first, but after reading it 8 more times I decided the OP meant he was the PT sup.

The OP is neither the hourly or the sup in this story. His friend is the female hourly who was dating the male PT sup. It is the sup who is unable to get over her and move on and is requesting that the female hourly be moved, which may not be a bad idea.

over9five

Staff member
Yes, I meant the "he" in the story, not the OP.

I think the PT sup should be fired for breaking UPSs non fraternization policy.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
So 256, why not approach the PT guy and tell him to cool it.
You don't have to get into a fight with him, but a gentle reminder that HE would be on the losing end if this thing went up the chain.
Give him some fair warning and then have your friend take it up as harassment (that's what I assume the texts are)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Uh. Steve, she is the hourly, he is the PT sup. He is the one who would get in trouble.

It may be best for all involved to move one or the other as I don't think he is going to be able to move on.
I just re-read the post and have come to the conclusion that all involved are female. Th e OP is suffering from unrequited love from the supe, who in turn is gaga over the hourly.:wink2:

tracker2762

So a close friend of mine is a hourly employee at UPS and was dating a Part-time Supervisor. She broke up with him because they just didnt get along. The relationship lasted 3-4months. No one would have suspected them dating. They actually thought that she was dating someone else. Now he is wanting to have her moved to a different center and giving her a hard time. She does not have a problem at all with him. She can work with him just fine. He just has the issue of other people commenting about her (even in good ways like she is "one of the hardest workers we have") She has kept all the texts he is sending about moving her and what not. So we would just like to know what are the fraternizing rules and if she was to talk to Union and upper management in a meeting together, would there be a possibility of her being fired or moved? Or would he?

This should tell you she's an hourly