Fraternizing

UPSER256

She does work on the dock, not a driver. She has only been there almost 10months... he has been there like 5-6yrs... she's 24 and he is 26.

UPSSOCKS

She's fair game now a days.. The worst thing that could happen is they will make the supervisor transfer to another shift. The fraternization policy is no longer.

over9five

Staff member
She's fair game now a days.. The worst thing that could happen is they will make the supervisor transfer to another shift. The fraternization policy is no longer.

How about the harassment policy? That still in effect?

He's GONE once the DM sees those texts.

helenofcalifornia

As a long time UPSer, I would tell the female to get used to the comments. Reality is it's a man's world at UPS and boys will be boys and it aint going to change. Yeah, they shouldn't make those kind of comments, but they have been doing it for forever. She needs to develop a thicker skin. She will know when to report the comments that make her feel uncomfortable. I always call the guys on it when they get too personal or I just walk away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As a long time UPSer, I would tell the female to get used to the comments. Reality is it's a man's world at UPS and boys will be boys and it aint going to change. Yeah, they shouldn't make those kind of comments, but they have been doing it for forever. She needs to develop a thicker skin. She will know when to report the comments that make her feel uncomfortable. I always call the guys on it when they get too personal or I just walk away.

She is not the one bothered by the comments. The PT sup has not gotten over her yet and gets upset when the boys starting talking about her like that. He is the one who needs to move on.

UPSSOCKS

How about the harassment policy? That still in effect?

He's GONE once the DM sees those texts.

How much you want to bet, the unions definition of harrassment and the company definition of harrassment tend to differ. I would can the girl for being promiscuous. She has brought it upon her self. Maybe she should learn to act with a little more class, than trying to fraternize with her superiors for personal gain....

over9five

Staff member
How much you want to bet, the unions definition of harrassment and the company definition of harrassment tend to differ. I would can the girl for being promiscuous. She has brought it upon her self. Maybe she should learn to act with a little more class, than trying to fraternize with her superiors for personal gain....

LOL! yeah, ok.....

When the DM sees those texts, the first thing that will enter his mind is "What an idiot...". The second thing will be "What a liability this sup is".
Gone.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
LOL! yeah, ok.....

When the DM sees those texts, the first thing that will enter his mind is "What an idiot...". The second thing will be "What a liability this sup is".
Gone.

Yeap, we had a twenty year full time supe fired for text messages he left on his ex-girlfriend's cell phone. He got walked out and a policeman was sitting in the parking lot for a week when the Preload got off since she was a SPA clerk.

formymax

The supe is using his position of authority to threaten, harass and intimidate a subordinate he once had a personal relationship with. It sounds like the hourly has tried to move on. If the supe makes good on his threats or the harassment continues I would document everything and pursue legal counsel.

Braveheart

Say it with me now, SEXUAL HARASSMENT!!!

They were a couple so yes it does still apply.

Harassment for sure no matter how you look at it.

Sounds like a domestic dispute brought to work.

He is lucky to have a job. Get with union and have his ass moved not hers!

Call 1-800 # and tell them you have all the text and voicemail as proof!

Move him or they can talk to her lawyer.

He will be moved for sure.

UPS Lifer

Members of management aren't supposed to date other employees, period. I have seen it happen a few times over the years, it usually ends badly. I have seen a handful of full time supervisors and managers fired for it. And I have also seen a few get away with it too.

Scratch -I have always liked the old saying (and it is old) "don't dip your pen into the company inkwell" !! However, relationships are going to happen. The Sexual Harassment and Workplace Violence policies spell this out more precisely. Based only by the thread starting post, the supervisor is creating an intimidating and hostile work environment for the employee. I handled so many of these cases when I was a manager that I pretty well had the policy memorized as I reviewed it with employees.

A supervisor and employee being involved in and of itself, is not something that would normally cause one to lose his/her job. BUT it creates a risk to the supervisor's reputation and career. I personally believe that it puts the power in the hands of the employee. If the relationship turns sour then the supervisor is put into a compromising situation. This is probably why the supervisor wants the employee to be transferred. Based on his alleged actions he would be disciplined and moved to a different area OR if they come to a mutual agreement that satisfies the employee, he may be allowed to stay. I don't recommend that course of action though.

It sounds to me like the supervisor isn't going to change his behavior if she asks him to stop. If it were me I would have already asked the supervisor to stop. If he failed to do so, I would go to HR with a shop steward and let them know what transpired. The employee should explain how she feels to the HR rep. The HR rep will do an investigation and once the investigation is complete, quick and definitive will be taken. As long as there is no escalation of violence, the employee should not have to worry about losing her job.