Fred S

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's what I was thinking.

He's too busy trying to wine and dine influental politicians.

That's a given. When was the last time you heard of Fred being out in the field visiting stations? As far as I know, it no longer happens. In the old days, he's be assured of an adoring reception. Now, he would probably be well-advised to wear a flak jacket.

ex fed exer

That's a given. When was the last time you heard of Fred being out in the field visiting stations? As far as I know, it no longer happens. In the old days, he's be assured of an adoring reception. Now, he would probably be well-advised to wear a flak jacket.

i got a pair of shoes to throw at him, ala george bush

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
i got a pair of shoes to throw at him, ala george bush

In that case, they'd probably have to call-in a front end loader to uncover him from the pile of shoes thrown by others. Do I get extra points if I score a hit with a pair of size 12's? Maybe if he gets hit hard enough he'll get a clue.

FedEx courier

I thought there would be a cross country station tour to rally the troups after that mailing pertaining to the RLA that everyone got. What I don't understand is how FEDx gets away with being so openly anti-union. I thought companies weren't allowed to openly slander unions to employees. The fact that brownbailout exists as a company run site and has not been legally challenged seems perplexing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I thought there would be a cross country station tour to rally the troups after that mailing pertaining to the RLA that everyone got. What I don't understand is how FEDx gets away with being so openly anti-union. I thought companies weren't allowed to openly slander unions to employees. The fact that brownbailout exists as a company run site and has not been legally challenged seems perplexing.

The rules are different for FedEx. You're right, management is supposed to be neutral regarding unions.

LTFedExer

The rules are different for FedEx. You're right, management is supposed to be neutral regarding unions.
Human nature being what it is.....you know that's not possible. Besides, imagine how managers feel when they ask you to do something and you tell them union rules won't let you. The union acts like something we all need.............another boss.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Human nature being what it is.....you know that's not possible. Besides, imagine how managers feel when they ask you to do something and you tell them union rules won't let you. The union acts like something we all need.............another boss.

The law says that management isn't supposed to advocate for or say anything against a union. The Brown Bailout campaign seems to violate that provision, as do station meetings by senior managers telling us how great we've got it and do not need a union. My own manager has mostly kept his comments generic.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your last statement is simply not true. The union is there to protect the interests of its members. The Union and UPS have a mutually agreed upon contract (NMA) which they are both supposed to honor. The Union has a system in place to protect the employee when UPS does not honor the contract. I do not work for the Teamsters. I do not report to the Teamsters. I work for and report to UPS. If I feel that UPS has violated the contract I will first talk about it with mgt and, if unable to resolve the issue, I will then file a grievance. I have filed 1 grievance in 21 years. I have always been able to sit down with my mgt team and work out any minor issues. I defer to the shop steward and BA for major issues.

The Union is not the end all/be all MFE is making it out to be.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your last statement is simply not true. The union is there to protect the interests of its members. The Union and UPS have a mutually agreed upon contract (NMA) which they are both supposed to honor. The Union has a system in place to protect the employee when UPS does not honor the contract. I do not work for the Teamsters. I do not report to the Teamsters. I work for and report to UPS. If I feel that UPS has violated the contract I will first talk about it with mgt and, if unable to resolve the issue, I will then file a grievance. I have filed 1 grievance in 21 years. I have always been able to sit down with my mgt team and work out any minor issues. I defer to the shop steward and BA for major issues.

The Union is not the end all/be all MFE is making it out to be.

Thanks for some good information. I've never said that the union is perfection, just that it offers us the chance at a far better deal than what we've got now. I have been a Teamster before, and have seen the worthless reps and watched one company walk all over their contract and have the IBT do absolutely nothing about it.

UPS and FedEx are big fish, and I'm guessing they pay closer attention to your agreement than at a smaller company like I the one I worked for previously.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'd be doing the same thing...

Just wondering. Whatever happened to LTFedExer? He seems to have gone the way of FedExAllThe way, Artee, FedEx4life and all the rest of Maury's crew. All he's got left now is quadro. Hey Maury!! Where do you get these people anyway?

bbsam

Staff member
Just wondering. Whatever happened to LTFedExer? He seems to have gone the way of FedExAllThe way, Artee, FedEx4life and all the rest of Maury's crew. All he's got left now is quadro. Hey Maury!! Where do you get these people anyway?

Life with the lapdogs (ex fed exer, cactus, broke, 267) not all it's cracked up to be? It is true that boot-licking grovellers do become annoying. A guy can only take so much praise from those he agrees with, unless you're Sean Hannity or el-Rushbo.:happy-very:

LTFedExer

I didn't realized you cared.....I wouldn't leave you my dear

Broke

If you guys are so happy with the way the company operates, then why do you waste your time on this site? Do you have a hidden agenda? Is it your job to come here and respond on the company's behalf? Those of us who have issues with the way the company treats it's workers are here to discuss the facts and try to figure out how to make things better for us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you guys are so happy with the way the company operates, then why do you waste your time on this site? Do you have a hidden agenda? Is it your job to come here and respond on the company's behalf? Those of us who have issues with the way the company treats it's workers are here to discuss the facts and try to figure out how to make things better for us.

Aren't there always two sides to every issue? Could it be that there are actually some FedEx employees who (god forbid) like their jobs and are satisifed with their wage and benefit package? Are you here to discuss facts or your opinions of what these facts may be? I always like to hear both sides of an issue before forming my opinion.