Fred's letter.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
an 8 hour request each week? that's pretty excessive

being able to just straight up come back after X hours on road regardless of completion would be pretty lulzy; in reality i think that would just create a ton of conflict and opportunity for management to find ways to fire that driver

having double pay after 9.5 and triple after 10.5 (not 10) would be pretty effective i think, especially if it happens automatically without grievance

i agree with @MyTripisCut that 9.5 should be changed to a straight 9

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Yeah damn those guys for trying to work the National average once a week to better change their work life balance. Smh. I think 10-15 hours a week of forced overtime is pretty excessive.
if you want to work lower hours then push for changes to the 9.5 language, which you should

8 hour requests are special accommodations, and by common definition they should be infrequent

stop trying to start a fight over something we agree in principle to, jesus christ

Union Power

Silent member
if you want to work lower hours then push for changes to the 9.5 language, which you should

8 hour requests are special accommodations, and by common definition they should be infrequent

stop trying to start a fight over something we agree in principle to, jesus christ
And HR says that your (Management's) paid day is based on a 9 hr day.
So you want to work the hourlies a planned day of 9.2 and say it's fair? Two faced lies.
Your "work," and our work are two different issues in respect to actual expended energies. In addition, dispatch quality (lack of) exposes the lack of effort in what you call working.
Access Points and Orion dispatch diluting our service consistency (the one thing the company had an edge over it's competition for years) are decisions made without the service providers input that are falsely magnifying the competition's ability to match our (inconsistent) service quality.

Little by little decisions made at the corporate level are eroding our customer base and the hourlies are getting more and more negative about the company that is ignorantly burning them out.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

I find it egregious that working an 8 hour day once a week is unreasonable. 9.5 hours is now considered “early”? Maybe we can push the 9.5 language to 8 hour language?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Jesus Christ is my lord and savior. I would appreciate you not using his name in your ignorant ramblings. Thanks.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
And HR says that your (Management's) paid day is based on a 9 hr day.
So you want to work the hourlies a planned day of 9.2 and say it's fair? Two faced lies.
Your "work," and our work are two different issues in respect to actual expended energies. In addition, dispatch quality (lack of) exposes the lack of effort in what you call working.
Access Points and Orion dispatch diluting our service consistency (the one thing the company had an edge over it's competition for years) are decisions made without the service providers input that are falsely magnifying the competition's ability to match our (inconsistent) service quality.

Little by little decisions made at the corporate level are eroding our customer base and the hourlies are getting more and more negative about the company that is ignorantly burning them out.

i don't know what to say to the first half of your rant as i don't know what you're trying to argue for

the second half are fair and logical points, but the problem is that's not what the customers are telling us

what the customers tell us is they don't want to pay our prices for the service we offer; this leaves us with two options:
  1. significantly raise the quality of our service, and thus costs, and hope this attracts customers to us
  2. significantly lower costs, and thus service, and hope this attracts customers to us
doing the first is pointless, the quality-of-service thing doesn't carry the same impact when your only customers are Amazon and Best Buy who don't give a :censored2: about anything but cost; we don't work for Joe Blow on 123 Main St writing an angry facebook review..

as a bonus, we did the first for decades and it was basically pointless because in the blink of a strike we suffered irreversible damage

doing the second is also pointless though, since the Union will never allow wages low enough to where we could beat Fedex and Amazon on price

thus, the middle ground half-assed "wait-and-see" approach you see the company taking now until it can see which way the winds will shift in the future

I find it egregious that working an 8 hour day once a week is unreasonable. 9.5 hours is now considered “early”? Maybe we can push the 9.5 language to 8 hour language?
you're not listening to what i'm saying

having an 8 hour accommodation out of a week of 9.5's is unreasonable

just bring '9.5' down to '9' permanently and give 12 discretionary '8'-hour days per year

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We had our contract proposal meeting and one of the major ones was that instead of having to opt out of excessive overtime by signing the 9.5 list every driver would automatically be on the 9.5 list and those who want the overtime would have to opt out

You do realize. All the proposals O'Brien tried to get from locals. Have been thrown into a garbage can. We all wasted hours trying to give ideas. We have heard nothing from the union since. So the Hoffa black out has begun.

i don't know what to say to the first half of your rant as i don't know what you're trying to argue for

the second half are fair and logical points, but the problem is that's not what the customers are telling us

what the customers tell us is they don't want to pay our prices for the service we offer; this leaves us with two options:
  1. significantly raise the quality of our service, and thus costs, and hope this attracts customers to us
  2. significantly lower costs, and thus service, and hope this attracts customers to us
doing the first is pointless, the quality-of-service thing doesn't carry the same impact when your only customers are Amazon and Best Buy who don't give a :censored2: about anything but cost; we don't work for Joe Blow on 123 Main St writing an angry facebook review..

as a bonus, we did the first for decades and it was basically pointless because in the blink of a strike we suffered irreversible damage

doing the second is also pointless though, since the Union will never allow wages low enough to where we could beat Fedex and Amazon on price

thus, the middle ground half-assed "wait-and-see" approach you see the company taking now until it can see which way the winds will shift in the future

you're not listening to what i'm saying

having an 8 hour accommodation out of a week of 9.5's is unreasonable

just bring '9.5' down to '9' permanently and give 12 discretionary '8'-hour days per year
Or just find a way for us to get out of the building earlier. Many people wouldn't mind the overtime so much if a 10 hour day you could punch out around 6:30 or so.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Or just find a way for us to get out of the building earlier. Many people wouldn't mind the overtime so much if a 10 hour day you could punch out around 6:30 or so.
force harsher OT violations and you'll see the network adjust to getting out earlier as well

the company won't take the first move on that though; maybe they know something i don't, but from what i've experienced thus far it's probably just somebody dumb making dumb decisions and nobody bothers to ask why

force harsher OT violations and you'll see the network adjust to getting out earlier as well

the company won't take the first move on that though; maybe they know something i don't, but from what i've experienced thus far it's probably just somebody dumb making dumb decisions and nobody bothers to ask why
You can't have the heavy pick up routes getting back to the building after 7:30 and get everything processed on time. Do they really need those extra 10 home stops per car on those routes??