Fred's letter.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You can't have the heavy pick up routes getting back to the building after 7:30 and get everything processed on time. Do they really need those extra 10 home stops per car on those routes??

Our center is about spohr only. Paid over isn't even mentioned. Last yr I could barely get 45 hrs. This yr avg 52 hrs. Plus we went from 8 40 am to 9. Plus from 7 pm for air to 6 30. With the same dispatches. Avg hr over now compared to scratch last yr

Our center is about spohr only. Paid over isn't even mentioned. Last yr I could barely get 45 hrs. This yr avg 52 hrs. Plus we went from 8 40 am to 9. Plus from 7 pm for air to 6 30. With the same dispatches. Avg hr over now compared to scratch last yr
I am making the most money ever this year. Plenty of stupid work that needs done because they refuse to run enough routes.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
N
I am making the most money ever this year. Plenty of stupid work that needs done because they refuse to run enough routes.
Not only this. We can't hire people who are able to do this. Loaders quit in 1st 20 minutes. We have drivers coming in to load at 6 am. Drivers getting 50 to 60 hrs. Then when we come back the metro needs help unloading. We are so short bodies. 60 hrs for x MAS is going to be impossible. We will run out as a building by Thursday. So Friday and Saturday may be off days

So
N

Not only this. We can't hire people who are able to do this. Loaders quit in 1st 20 minutes. We have drivers coming in to load at 6 am. Drivers getting 50 to 60 hrs. Then when we come back the metro needs help unloading. We are so short bodies. 60 hrs for x MAS is going to be impossible. We will run out as a building by Thursday. So Friday and Saturday may be off days
Something has to give

From my observation of drivers being harassed it is because they are not producing up to the standards set by the company. Maybe instead of treating those can produce like ship the company should start recognizing those who do produce. Now before some of you guys jump all over me and say that's anti union I agree, equal work for equal compensation.

I like to think of the harassment problem like communism.

In theory communism works but in practice it fails because for it to succeed you need one of two things:
1. Total selfless devotion to the ideals of communism
Or
2. Fear. Fear through intimidation. Fear through inprisonment. Fear through forced labor. Fear through totalitarian rule.

We're not going to get 100% sacrifice from every employee in the company. So the company uses fear to keep production going.

If the company looses its ability to run its operation through fear it will need the cooperation of the union for the bargained work force to accept that there is a standard of production to be met.

If a standard is set then everyone will eventually fall to the lowest acceptable standard either by their own willingness or by the company increasing what it finds as acceptable.

When this happens the company again gets to go back and use fear as a harassment tool. The tool of harassment will be used like it is now to force production.

Those who are harassed will worry for their jobs, and increase production, while those who see the harassment will increase their production to prevent from being harassed.

By addressing harassment in such a way, as Fred has outlined, is a slippery slope because it opens up the door for need for production to be recognized. I feel the company has burned too many bridges and has history of acting in bad faith for there to be positive reenforcement mechanism written into the contract; this is an alternative to what Fred laid out in his letter.

For us as a union to make any strides we need to have the power to enforce the fear of a strike against the company.

If there is fear on both sides it will bring more of an equilibrium to the management-employee relationship.
Your right... The drivers need to do 50 stops hour. Ok, Riiiiiiiight! How about the company takes care of their employees and stop looking at the computer screen and just manage better. As a company you can make even more money. You can catch files better with honey then you can with vinegar... Jim is rolling in his grave right now!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Seems like Fred took the best of the TU proposals and gave a comprehensive proposal.
I can agree with the proposal as a whole, I just think the 2x change is a step back. I’d like to see them go for the 3x first. Do you know what 251’s biggest supplemental issues were? Just curious.

bumped

From my observation of drivers being harassed it is because they are not producing up to the standards set by the company. Maybe instead of treating those can produce like ship the company should start recognizing those who do produce. Now before some of you guys jump all over me and say that's anti union I agree, equal work for equal compensation.

I like to think of the harassment problem like communism.

In theory communism works but in practice it fails because for it to succeed you need one of two things:
1. Total selfless devotion to the ideals of communism
Or
2. Fear. Fear through intimidation. Fear through inprisonment. Fear through forced labor. Fear through totalitarian rule.

We're not going to get 100% sacrifice from every employee in the company. So the company uses fear to keep production going.

If the company looses its ability to run its operation through fear it will need the cooperation of the union for the bargained work force to accept that there is a standard of production to be met.

If a standard is set then everyone will eventually fall to the lowest acceptable standard either by their own willingness or by the company increasing what it finds as acceptable.

When this happens the company again gets to go back and use fear as a harassment tool. The tool of harassment will be used like it is now to force production.

Those who are harassed will worry for their jobs, and increase production, while those who see the harassment will increase their production to prevent from being harassed.

By addressing harassment in such a way, as Fred has outlined, is a slippery slope because it opens up the door for need for production to be recognized. I feel the company has burned too many bridges and has history of acting in bad faith for there to be positive reenforcement mechanism written into the contract; this is an alternative to what Fred laid out in his letter.

For us as a union to make any strides we need to have the power to enforce the fear of a strike against the company.

If there is fear on both sides it will bring more of an equilibrium to the management-employee relationship.

Show me one other company anywhere that creates a standard, but doesn't tell the employee how that standard is attained. UPS won't tell me how long I get for a signature stop, a COD, a driver release or any other facet of its company pertaining to my performance.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
UPS won't tell me how long I get for a signature stop, a COD, a driver release or any other facet of its company pertaining to my performance.
105 seconds for a sig, 48 seconds for a dr; 13 seconds per package in addition to either stop allowance

these are just averages i pulled from a single family suburban resi area near me that has pretty low allowances, most places have higher

there is also a lot more that is factored in but just to simply answer your question..

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
force harsher OT violations and you'll see the network adjust to getting out earlier as well
Why do you think that? The current trend is to start as late as possible. This makes the runners run faster and as an added bonus, mgmt gets the satisfaction of knowing the drivers on the dreaded 9.5 list are getting home later. There is no interest in mgmt to start us at a decent time. Plain and simple.