Free market or slavery

rickyb

Who said they weren't? A lot of greed on all sides. But too many times unions have demanded beyond what is reasonable and practical. Businesses don't exist to give everything to their employees.
businesses exist to profit off their employees.

how have unions done since real wages stopped increasing since 1973?

vantexan

businesses exist to profit off their employees.

how have unions done since real wages stopped increasing since 1973?
I don't know how Canadians did, but in the 70's wages increased dramatically. It's why my parents were able to pay off their house built in the 60's much faster than normal. My dad made $35k in '77, the equivalent of $119k in 2010. He couldn't understand why in 2010 I wasn't doing better making $35k until I showed him the inflation calculator.

rickyb

I don't know how Canadians did, but in the 70's wages increased dramatically. It's why my parents were able to pay off their house built in the 60's much faster than normal. My dad made $35k in '77, the equivalent of $119k in 2010. He couldn't understand why in 2010 I wasn't doing better making $35k until I showed him the inflation calculator.
thats not what i asked and they stopped rising in 73 sherlock, which means 7 out of 10 years in 1970s wages did not improve.

again, how much did real wages for unions increase since 1973?

ur inflation calculator sucks too

vantexan

thats not what i asked and they stopped rising in 73 sherlock, which means 7 out of 10 years in 1970s wages did not improve.

again, how much did real wages for unions increase since 1973?

ur inflation calculator sucks too
Not my inflation calculator. University of California -Davis does it for the Federal government. I'm sorry your little world is falling apart.

vantexan

so how much did real wages for unions increase since 73? real wages, not wages.
You tell me! What I do remember was while in tech school in the Air Force my roommate told me his dad made $25hr working in an auto factory. The supermarket I had worked at in Florida was paying fulltime stock clerks just over $7hr. I found $25hr hard to fathom in the early 80's. So yes, unions did much better than non-union workers at the time.

rickyb

You tell me! What I do remember was while in tech school in the Air Force my roommate told me his dad made $25hr working in an auto factory. The supermarket I had worked at in Florida was paying fulltime stock clerks just over $7hr. I found $25hr hard to fathom in the early 80's. So yes, unions did much better than non-union workers at the time.
i dont know but you were saying unions ask more than they are worth or whatever, and i do know real wages havent risen since 1973 so im guessing unions havent fared much better.

vantexan

i dont know but you were saying unions ask more than they are worth or whatever, and i do know real wages havent risen since 1973 so im guessing unions havent fared much better.
Unions for the most part have done better than non-union workers. You're on a UPS forum. Compare what their drivers have made over the last 40 years vs similar non-union companies.

rickyb

Unions for the most part have done better than non-union workers. You're on a UPS forum. Compare what their drivers have made over the last 40 years vs similar non-union companies.
so if non unions are in a concentration camp then unions are slightly better i agree.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Is this the system your referring to?

A Muslim is not allowed to benefit from lending money or receiving money from someone. This means that earning interest (riba) is not allowed – whether you are an individual or a bank. To comply with these rules, interest is not paid on Islamic savings or current accounts, orcharged on Islamic mortgages.
No sense saving.
One better save because one ain't getting any loans without interest!