Can you be disciplined for ignoring security?

HarryWarden

Let’s say you have a security guard whose taking his job too serious and causing 10 minute lines every day before and after shift making people take their boots off and going through their stuff, and you get tired of this and just walk past him, can you be disciplined for this since you’re off the clock? And I’m not sure what contract violation it would be?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Just do what I'd do and bring a duffle bag of dilldos or something every day and it will probably stop real quick.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Let’s say you have a security guard whose taking his job too serious and causing 10 minute lines every day before and after shift making people take their boots off and going through their stuff, and you get tired of this and just walk past him, can you be disciplined for this since you’re off the clock? And I’m not sure what contract violation it would be?

We had a couple of “Barney Fifes” they didn’t last long, till then just cone in 10 minutes earlier.

Scan your ID and get paid for it.

Brown Down

Could you possibly fight them on being counted as late when security is causing an unnecessary hold up? We don't have security here but we were getting shuttled to and from our cars when we had to park some distance away. And i do know we fought for both not being late and the sometimes 20 minute wait on the shuttle.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I don’t know about other states, but here in the third world you’re supposed to be getting paid for the time it takes to pass through security. UPS was sued for it when I started and they quickly implemented the badge scanners. I’ve gotten a couple lunch penalties granted to me due to the minutes it takes to go through.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
To answer OP’s question. You may get disciplined. As for the tardiness issue you technically were not late and should protest the tardiness. During peak they had us come in at the top of the hour and everyone’s badge didn’t work. A supervisor had to badge us in. :censored2:ing bull:censored2: though. I asked the lead that there was a line and he said he would be there in a minute. I told him I better not hear about any tardiness issues because these people were not late if they’re being held up on purpose by :censored2: management.

Thebrownblob

Yes, I’ve seen people disciplined. Although their reactions were extreme. If you’re having a problem with someone in security, it’s best to let management know. Not handle it yourself.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes, I’ve seen people disciplined. Although their reactions were extreme. If you’re having a problem with someone in security, it’s best to let management know. Not handle it yourself.
Most of the security I’ve seen have been very cool…sometimes lazy af and they don’t check anything…but have come across a few security cop ninjas that have been absolutely a joke and think they are the NYPD chief of police.

PT Car Washer

Could you possibly fight them on being counted as late when security is causing an unnecessary hold up? We don't have security here but we were getting shuttled to and from our cars when we had to park some distance away. And i do know we fought for both not being late and the sometimes 20 minute wait on the shuttle.
How long of a walk? Depending on where you park, our walk could be a quarter of a mile.

Brown Down

How long of a walk? Depending on where you park, our walk could be a quarter of a mile.
Well considering we'd have to walk on a fairly main road The distance wasn't the problem it's was the safety. I believe it was when they were expanding our building so the parking lot was off limits