Can you be disciplined for ignoring security?

RTS313

Call the helpline and claim sexual harassment. They will remove the guard the next day. One girl had unpleasant interaction with the guards. The guards rotate guard shack or facility patrol. She made phone call and problem solved

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That’s crazy. Yea I figured since I don’t steal and not breaking any rules besides ignoring this security guard while I’m off the clock, I just don’t know what rule I could be written up for

Thanks for taking the time to help though I appreciate it
If they are treating everyone in line the same, why should you get a pass?

JL 0513

Would never do this job if I was out of a large hub. Dealing with security, walking a 1/4 mile from the parking lot? No thanks.

No security here, never any issues. Highly populated coast of MA, not talking middle of nowhere. Takes 10-30 seconds to go from car to DIAD.

HarryWarden

If they are treating everyone in line the same, why should you get a pass?
You’re right, I’m not saying I deserve special treatment, I’m just saying it’s annoying and I don’t like standing in a line to be searched off the clock.

If he starts giving everyone cavity searches are you going to be fine with it because he’s doing it to everyone else?

I’m just saying, if they’re going to start stickin their fingers up my ass i atleast want to be paid for it

Really though it’s not a huge deal, most of the time we have guards who don’t even look up at you as you walk by, it’s just annoying having this guy touch my food and drinks every time he’s here

One time the guard literally blew his nose full of snot and then immediately touched all my stuff, so it’s just annoying going from one extreme to the next, and I was just curious if I can actually be disciplined for just walking past the guy since I’m not even stealing anything and I’m off the clock, just not sure what contract violation I would be disciplined for

HarryWarden

Would never do this job if I was out of a large hub. Dealing with security, walking a 1/4 mile from the parking lot? No thanks.

No security here, never any issues. Highly populated coast of MA, not talking middle of nowhere. Takes 10-30 seconds to go from car to DIAD.
Peak season you can walk about a half mile to your car or need to take a shuttle to the overfill parking lot, in the blistering cold too it sucks lol. It is what it is though and definitely still worth it for me, but is annoying if you’re working two jobs and had a long day and now off the clock and waiting in a line to be searched when you’ve worked at the place for over a decade and never would steal in the first place. Really though it just skeeves me out him touching all my stuff and his fingers touching the mouth of my drinks

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Out here in the flyover states in East bumfuk there is no security no cameras it’s the wild Wild West I parked my personal car about 15 feet from my PC. in the winter I’d start my own car when pulling into the lot before I parked the PC

PT Car Washer

You’re right, I’m not saying I deserve special treatment, I’m just saying it’s annoying and I don’t like standing in a line to be searched off the clock.

If he starts giving everyone cavity searches are you going to be fine with it because he’s doing it to everyone else?

I’m just saying, if they’re going to start stickin their fingers up my ass i atleast want to be paid for it

Really though it’s not a huge deal, most of the time we have guards who don’t even look up at you as you walk by, it’s just annoying having this guy touch my food and drinks every time he’s here

One time the guard literally blew his nose full of snot and then immediately touched all my stuff, so it’s just annoying going from one extreme to the next, and I was just curious if I can actually be disciplined for just walking past the guy since I’m not even stealing anything and I’m off the clock, just not sure what contract violation I would be disciplined for
In the Central Region they would charge you with 17 (i). Other serious charges. Failure to comply. I wouldn't do it. As far as touching your personal possessions or your self that would be another matter. Usually goes in cycles between waving you through and intense searches.

Thebrownblob

In the Central Region they would charge you with 17 (i). Other serious charges. Failure to comply. I wouldn't do it. As far as touching your personal possessions or your self that would be another matter. Usually goes in cycles between waving you through and intense searches.
Yep 17 (I) the fire you for anything they deem “serious” article

Brownwind

Out here in the flyover states in East bumfuk there is no security no cameras it’s the wild Wild West I parked my personal car about 15 feet from my PC. in the winter I’d start my own car when pulling into the lot before I parked the PC
That’s a daily thing locally. (Except we have cameras everywhere)
The guys and I rode our horses to work for the round up and our wives trailered away from the lot and no one ever questioned it. Obviously those days are over but it’s still pretty funny reading about what these dude’s are posting.

HarryWarden

Well, there it is, a good ole ambiguous loophole rule. Time for me to stop whining about this one. Thanks a lot for the information. Still think we should be paid during the process, but that’s an issue for the union leaders I suppose.

Brownwind

Just enjoy the job. Put some nasty underwear or rank socks in your bucket and buy snacks from the machine for the week. It’ll stop soon enough

Thebrownblob

Well, there it is. Time for me to stop whining about this one. Thanks a lot for the information. Still think we should be paid during the process, but that’s an issue for the union leaders I suppose.
And that issue has been fought many times, and we have lost almost every single battle in multiple locations.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
17 (I) ? Hundreds lol most of them never stick permanently because they’re so stupid.
Dude…we have a few people that are so stupid I would fire them in a heartbeat. It’s amazing that they can even function in life at all and our union does a great job getting their jobs back….over and over again.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Dude…we have a few people that are so stupid I would fire them in a heartbeat. It’s amazing that they can even function in life at all and our union does a great job getting their jobs back….over and over again.
I’d get rid of the ones that are actively working against the union. Too many damn rats/sellouts here.