Can you be disciplined for ignoring security?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I’ve seen some who play both sides…depending on what they need for that day. Company men when they need to be and union strong when it benefits them…
This generation is spineless and have no loyalty. Not even for themselves. All about me and what I get out of it, not what’s good for everyone and the future. Thankfully, it all works out in the end eventually. We live in a society, lol.

UPSER1987

Dude…we have a few people that are so stupid I would fire them in a heartbeat. It’s amazing that they can even function in life at all and our union does a great job getting their jobs back….over and over again.
That’s exactly the role of the union. Keeping :censored2:ty people employed.Thank goodness most organizations aren’t union-we would have men complaining like women in all walks of life.

Thebrownblob

That’s exactly the role of the union. Keeping :censored2:ty people employed.Thank goodness most organizations aren’t union-we would have men complaining like women in all walks of life.
Not really, our job is to represent them fairly, it’s your side that hires them. and then cannot follow through with the proper paperwork to make sure they hit the road when necessary. Of course, since you’re nothing more than an unimportant, part-time supervisor your role is limited to pretty much doing what you’re told. This is most likely why you seeth with anger. 😂

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You’re right, I’m not saying I deserve special treatment, I’m just saying it’s annoying and I don’t like standing in a line to be searched off the clock.

If he starts giving everyone cavity searches are you going to be fine with it because he’s doing it to everyone else?

I’m just saying, if they’re going to start stickin their fingers up my ass i atleast want to be paid for it

Really though it’s not a huge deal, most of the time we have guards who don’t even look up at you as you walk by, it’s just annoying having this guy touch my food and drinks every time he’s here

One time the guard literally blew his nose full of snot and then immediately touched all my stuff, so it’s just annoying going from one extreme to the next, and I was just curious if I can actually be disciplined for just walking past the guy since I’m not even stealing anything and I’m off the clock, just not sure what contract violation I would be disciplined for
Maybe, although you aren't a thief, there has been a trend discovered and a suspected thief working on the shift you work?

....and the recent heightened security is a result of that.

UPSER1987

Not really, our job is to represent them fairly, it’s your side that hires them. and then cannot follow through with the proper paperwork to make sure they hit the road when necessary. Of course, since you’re nothing more than an unimportant, part-time supervisor your role is limited to pretty much doing what you’re told. This is most likely why you seeth with anger. 😂
No anger here…just stating the obvious. I’d rather be a pt sup than all the ups women disguised as men whining about everything lol

Brown Down

No anger here…just stating the obvious. I’d rather be a pt sup than all the ups women disguised as men whining about everything lol
So basically you don't have the balls to tell your boss what he's telling you to do is wrong got it. See us "whiny women" do have that option.
Hey I hear your boss telling you to jump. Better respond asap.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
That’s crazy. Yea I figured since I don’t steal and not breaking any rules besides ignoring this security guard while I’m off the clock, I just don’t know what rule I could be written up for

Thanks for taking the time to help though I appreciate it
Look,if it really annoys you, try this on for a day.

Go buy a carbon paper receipt book. As you're not on the clock, for everything the security guard asks you to do, ask him if it's his will or his order.
If he says it's an order, say thank you, write the order on the receipt, charge him a fee, say your hourly wage, to follow the order given. Rinse and repeat. He will throw away his copy, not taking you seriously, and you can now submit your bill to claims court for failure to pay.

If he says it's his will, then simply reply, I don't fulfill the wills of others without just compensation. Then move on

Inb4 - you're *, you're an idiot, 🤣🤣🤣, etc etc etc.

I do not perform unless being compensated.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to voluntarily entering places with security who'd like to check, like theaters etc etc.

But at work I do not perform on work property without just compensation.

At the very least that guy will tell you to get moving and you won't be bothered again.

Last edited by a moderator:

UPSER1987

So basically you don't have the balls to tell your boss what he's telling you to do is wrong got it. See us "whiny women" do have that option.
Hey I hear your boss telling you to jump. Better respond asap.
Sure bud. That’s ironic when you’re the one that has to work as directed. WAD lol

Thebrownblob

Sure bud. That’s ironic when you’re the one that has to work as directed. WAD lol
Oh yes, “work is directed” the phrase that makes the company pay me more for their choices? When you’re told to work is directed you’re expected to make it work, when I’m told to work as directed they understand pretty quickly it probably won’t and they usually don’t ask me again. 😂

Brown Down

im not the one who has to answer when its a dumpster fire or when its unethical. that would be you. You wouldn't last a month in my center bud. Hell our DM hates coming into our center. He won't even make eye contact with about 1/3 of our drivers.
Btw i don't hear any jumping

UPSER1987

im not the one who has to answer when its a dumpster fire or when its unethical. that would be you. You wouldn't last a month in my center bud. Hell our DM hates coming into our center. He won't even make eye contact with about 1/3 of our drivers.
Who cares what a bunch of whiny women think? I wouldn’t make eye contact with women disguised as men either. I’ll be home a 4 while you are still massaging cardboard lol. Have fun with that.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Who cares what a bunch of whiny women think? I wouldn’t make eye contact with women disguised as men either. I’ll be home a 4 while you are still massaging cardboard lol. Have fun with that.
IMG_4835.gif

Thebrownblob

You’re part timer you’ll be home by 2 PM who cares? I always found a humorous how you get a few of these rambunctious part-time Supervisors think they have some sort of power or say, and then I explain to them at the end of the day I have more power than you do because nobody can be fired by you. It has to go through me first. 😝 the sooner you get that through your head the sooner you’ll have a much better time at work until then, you will be full of rage and anger at how inconsequential you are.

UPSER1987

You’re part timer you’ll be home by 2 PM who cares? I always found a humorous how you get a few of these rambunctious part-time Supervisors think they have some sort of power or say, and then I explain to them at the end of the day I have more power than you do because nobody can be fired by you. It has to go through me first. 😝 the sooner you get that through your head the sooner you’ll have a much better time at work until then, you will be full of rage and anger at how inconsequential you are.
lol at the keyboard warriors that got bullied in high school. Why does ups attract these lady boys lol

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Btw i don't hear any jumping

Maybe it is because he is slightly over five feet tall.

Not making “eye contact” is nothing new at UPS,
Had a couple of managers like that.