Freightliner p700

scoot_

Does anyone know if the diesel freightliner p700s are a 3 or 4 speed?

It's mine for the time being and can't tell.
I'm sure she's tired but when getting on the highway the gas pedal is more of a suggestion than a order.

Also would it hurt the engine for going into 1 or 2 to go up/down some super steep gravel hills I got or just stay in drive. In my car that's what I'd do....

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Does anyone know if the diesel freightliner p700s are a 3 or 4 speed?

It's mine for the time being and can't tell.
I'm sure she's tired but when getting on the highway the gas pedal is more of a suggestion than a order.

Also would it hurt the engine for going into 1 or 2 to go up/down some super steep gravel hills I got or just stay in drive. In my car that's what I'd do....
Filter might need changing.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Ride the brakes, you're not paying for it.
By that logic I would ride on the engine braking and high RPMs because a toasted engine costs waaaay more than brakes. Also you would have functioning brakes if the engine crapped out lol.

Is it the diesel barn door P7 by chance? I love those cars and yes. you simply throw the gear down lower for hills.

2nd or 3rd gear could be broken if it feels worse than that.

Last edited:

Nah
By that logic I would ride on the engine braking and high RPMs because a toasted engine costs waaaay more than brakes. Also you would have functioning brakes if the engine crapped out lol.

Is it the diesel barn door P7 by chance? I love those cars and yes. you simply throw the gear down lower for hills.

2nd or 3rd gear could be broken if it feels worse than that.
All those stick shifts are trash.

Whatever you can do to break it. :thumbup1: