Friday

UPSmeoff

Why is it Friday is always the worst day for me. We have a huge event in town this week and it sucked dodging traffic and pedestrians all day.
140 stops......271 packages.
It was actually off...i was supposed to have 155 stops. That is around a planned day..............right.....................
I love the overtime.
media1.jpg

W

Wilson

Satelite Driver: How many stops, packages, miles do you do a day normally? The talk of a satelite here is coming, just want some info before it comes here. Thanks!!

Mike Hawk

Yea this Friday sucked for me too, way to many people sending way to much stuff to bad addresses+way to many people calling in/walking in looking for packages+too many molested packages for me to damage check+way too many pissed off customers calling me trying to find a package that was postcarded 10 days ago and was rts'd+too many bulk stop intercepts+too many call tags for me to print and manually lookup, I was there till 10:30, then off to other job:( I'l be happy to be back loading on Monday.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Why is it Friday is always the worst day for me. We have a huge event in town this week and it sucked dodging traffic and pedestrians all day.
It was actually off...i was supposed to have 155 stops. That is around a planned day..............right.....................
I love the overtime.

My day sucked as well. Usually I will have my truck organized by 11a. Not today. The first part of my business was a freaking disaster. Didn't get business done until almost 3p. Start p/u at 3. Was walking over pkgs all day. Had to break trace to get air done but, thank god, my air was lighter than what it usually is. Had an accident on main st and that really snarled the traffic. Oh well it's Friday night and I have a beer now. I am a happy camper. LOL

browndude

yeah i had 85 stops today with a total of 124 pkgs and the bummer of it all is that half of my 8 pickups had a box to ship today!

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a bummer of a Friday also. Went for a walk in the woods this morning. Did a little motorcycle ride this afternoon. Had a few beers with the guys this evening.

DS

Fenderbender
What pisses me off the most on Fridays,are the is those 4 wheelers that drive like inconsiderate maniacs that get off at 4:30 PM and I still have 3 hours work left.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Around here Fridays have become known as "friend'd-up Friday" as, yeah, it always seems like disaster strikes on Fridays. On Thursday this week UPS "lost" one of our trailers so we got an extra one yesterday. The best part was that I was actually scheduled off on Friday but they begged me to come in, which I did because apparently I am that stupid.

Tony31yrs

Yeah, it always seemed like bad things happened to screw up a Friday. On the other hand, management knew that a lot of guys wanted to get done early on Friday, so they always cut routes so that they could get more work out of them. I hated to stay out late but I wasn't going to bust a** when they were screwing me.

W

westsideworma

I love the overtime.

they usually suck in our center because on friday they'll try to cut routes which shifts the work onto other drivers who may or may not be heavy.

Overpaid Union Thug

My friday was good. I clocked out at exactly 5:30. Had 151 stops and 257 total packages. Only 7 NDAs and was able to deliver them without breaking trace at all. I had absolutely no packages in the middle aisle. I've had plenty of bad fridays though.