Friendly reminder

10 point

Things are not what they were in 97. How big is your center? How many new drivers have they hired there in say the last 10 years? I'll tell you how a lot of our young drivers feel about striking. They won't. A lot live way beyond their means and hold the union responsible for what they have to do everyday workload wise. Is that right? Not likely,but that's how it is in our 200+ driver center. All the new sups we have hired have not spent anytime in a seat so they suck down the Kool-aid full glass's at a time. And as far as the pilots honoring a strike? Do we know they would for sure? They honored our 97 strike cause theirs was still in limbo. Sorry I'm not holding my breath.
Listen sober why not just kick back and not worry about this :censored2: hole you're far to close to leaving to even care.
The pilots contract was also in limbo in 97 and it was a great opportunity for them to pour gasoline (or jet fuel) on the fire while we were standing strong. It was obvious that the company had bigger issues and they may as well honor our picket line and jump in n board because the train was picking up speed.

Insaneasylum

You got hired Full Time.
You said it right the first time...
you lucked out.

Class A drivers are a dime a dozen. I know because I've had a Class A for 23 yrs and people off the street who drive OTR would crawl across broken glass for a "home every day dedicated run with free bennies".

The company does not HAVE to hire off the street but often does for "other" reasons.

Off the street hires get a jump start no matter how you look at it and some pt timers don't always catch the bid postings in hubs.

BTW: Honestly, how many yrs or months have you worked at UPS?

I have been here a little I've 2 years.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I didn't jump ahead of anyone. If people wanted to go to feeders they could of signed the entent to transfer list. People either didn't pass the drive test/ school or didn't want to work nights. Because if p/t's wanted they could if gotten it before they hired me off the street.

It's not called "intent to transfer " list. There is classification bid lists, route bid lists and PT to FT bid lists.

You most likely got hired off the street so the company could fill its 1-6 ratio on new hires. Has nothing to do with whether people in the hub wanted your job or not. I'm sure some did and were qualified. Ups probably decided to hire outside to fill their 1-6 ratio.

I suggest since you've only been here 2 years, get a copy of the contract and actually read how the processes work.

You seem like you have a lot to learn when it comes to ups.