From The Chairman: Peak Strategy 2014

soc151

I wonder how much money Fred loses on each employee like this one? Courier class is only 3 days, and it's for 2 reasons:

1. Almost everyone who gets hired quits..quickly.

2. FedEx has a desperate need to get additional couriers on the road because there won't be enough people to deliver Fred's late and rotting packages this Peak.

Anyone else see a logical disconnect? You have to love how badly this company is run and how stupid their decisions really are. Like they say, you can't make this :censored2: up.

I'm expecting even more stupidity from the Memphis morons, especially as the Peak noose tightens up.

...You sure you aren't going to your local Ground terminal by mistake?

RTURNSONLY

We were told the station is hiring five temps for peak. SM then asked if anyone knew family or friends interested. Someone shouted they didn't hate anyone that badly.
Actually, not a bad idea. If you like to spend time with your significant other this X-mas, ask him/hem to come work for fedex. You might have a better chance of seeing him/her and spending "quality time" with then by doing this ;)

Bankrupt

Yes, confirmed by management. Reason: because it's only a 2 week oppurtunity. Needless to say the 75% of couriers who make less than this at the sta are enraged.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bankrupt

No one at my sta will do anything much except bitch and moan amongst each other then show up for work as usual. Par for the course which is why we(the hourlies) are routinely taking advantage of. It's really sad how complacent most of the couriers are

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes, confirmed by management. Reason: because it's only a 2 week oppurtunity. Needless to say the 75% of couriers who make less than this at the sta are enraged.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Amazingly stupid move. I'd encourage a work slowdown and/or sickout.

CJinx

It's to get people in the door and working immediately. $20/hour for grunt work? Yes please. However the permanent employees still have jobs after the peak season's over.

CJinx

Spoken like a true PR spokesperson.

Off the record------you would have to agree that paying seasonal help more than your permanent employees is a policy that is going to come back and bite you in the butt.
lol.. I am not PR/HR!
I can imagine that it wouldn't sit well with the regular employees. Someone walks in off the street and is making more money? How is that fair? It isn't... but neither is life. Just like Mom always said.

Seasonal grunt work at a nice rate just before a major shopping holiday? People will jump on that.

dezguy

lol.. I am not PR/HR!
I can imagine that it wouldn't sit well with the regular employees. Someone walks in off the street and is making more money? How is that fair? It isn't... but neither is life. Just like Mom always said.

Seasonal grunt work at a nice rate just before a major shopping holiday? People will jump on that.
Still well below the industry standard. At least up here.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's to get people in the door and working immediately. $20/hour for grunt work? Yes please. However the permanent employees still have jobs after the peak season's over.

BS. This is total disrespect for existing employees. Talk about zero consideration. Ask Dano how you should respond back to me, OK? Wait until he's done servicing MT3 though.

thedownhillEXPRESS

BS. This is total disrespect for existing employees. Talk about zero consideration. Ask Dano how you should respond back to me, OK? Wait until he's done servicing MT3 though.

This seems absolutely batcrap insane.But we know how horrible Fedex treats employees anymore so I guess it shouldn't be that big of a shock.
Its only a matter of time for the media to pick up on this in some market.
Start emailing unions and left wing publications.
I think eventually someone's head will be on a platter for this.
It's just a potential PR friend'up beyond belief.

Last edited:

thedownhillEXPRESS

And the more I think about this the more it seems so disrespectful to the point of being a potential tipping point.

Really,you are going to pay the people riding in a truck with a 5-10-15 year employe more money and pretend that is somehow normal!?
You don't think this is going to impact employee perception and hatred for their careers?
The stories their families will tell,the stories we the drivers will tell customers?
The driver who is responsible for actually driving the vehicle and being safe is getting paid less than the chump off the street riding shotgun with no responsibility.

Last edited: