From The Chairman: Peak Strategy 2014

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't think anyone is contesting that. Fortunately (for the company) you guys seem to eat up disrespect and don't do a thing about it except bitch on Brown Cafe. :whiteflag:

I think we should have a National Sick Day. You tell us which day it should be. How about December 23rd?

It will be fine

You've always been a shill since you came on this site. This statement proves it. Undercover shill or not. You've come out of the closet congrats.
What's the point of attacking anyone with a different perspective? Do you just want an echo chamber?

Sounds like you guys should quit and apply for these sweet runner gigs.

DontThrowPackages

Actually, not a bad idea. If you like to spend time with your significant other this X-mas, ask him/hem to come work for fedex. You might have a better chance of seeing him/her and spending "quality time" with then by doing this ;)
Agree. Remember, as a newbie, this one couple always parked their trucks side by side during lunch and they were always out of sight....:censored2::devil3:

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
and just when ya thought ol' Fredziwig and Co. couldn't stoop any lower, they always seem to manage to come around and out-do themselves. This one definitely originates straight out of the 'What Can We Do To Piss Them Off Now?' Dept. I mean honestly, what's next?.......gonna re-instate jumpseat - for newhires only?

This one even trumps the classic 'let's pay certain locations 15% til the end of January - then it's return to the table scraps' stunt.

Can't wait to see what humdinger of a morale-booster this joke of a 'Best Places To Work' outfit comes out with next....one thing's a certainty - my wait won't be a long one.

hypo hanna

Just thinking on how this will play out.

Drivers will resent the presence of the runners and will abuse the @#% out of them. Constant complaints, meetings with HR and constant station disruption at a time when everyone should be focused on peak.
Or, (And I would not put this past them), they put them in trucks, singly or in pairs, to pu or deliver bulks. Misloads on the delivery side and chaos on the pu side.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just thinking on how this will play out.

Drivers will resent the presence of the runners and will abuse the @#% out of them. Constant complaints, meetings with HR and constant station disruption at a time when everyone should be focused on peak.
Or, (And I would not put this past them), they put them in trucks, singly or in pairs, to pu or deliver bulks. Misloads on the delivery side and chaos on the pu side.

I wonder who will pay for coffee.

CJinx

You've always been a shill since you came on this site. This statement proves it. Undercover shill or not. You've come out of the closet congrats.
I'm a shill, because I pointed out why the company chooses to do what it does; even though I was critical of the practice right here in this very thread? Upstate asked if I was attempting to justify it and I said no, and then he asked if I could see how it would piss off the permanent workforce, and I said yes.

Feel free to spool through my post history. You'll find that I have praised the company plenty as well as bashed the company numerous times as well. I just happen to be an individual that likes their job. Why does that bother you so much?

Maybe you should consult a dictionary as well as brush up on your reading comprehension skills before you start name calling and tossing accusations around.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm a shill, because I pointed out why the company chooses to do what it does; even though I was critical of the practice right here in this very thread? Upstate asked if I was attempting to justify it and I said no, and then he asked if I could see how it would piss off the permanent workforce, and I said yes.

Feel free to spool through my post history. You'll find that I have praised the company plenty as well as .
bashed the company numerous times as well. I just happen to be an individual that likes their job. Why does that bother you so much?

Maybe you should consult a dictionary as well as brush up on your reading comprehension skills before you start name calling and tossing accusations around.

No, you're a shill because you behave like a shill. I can post a brand-new thread and you hit 'derail", which reeks of shill. You are also constantly defending the company for their indefensible actions, again, true shill behavior.

Dano does the same thing as you when he occasionally "criticizes" the company on some non-crucial point, trying to make himself look legitimate.

Last, you work for Ground, so you have no clue what it's like to be an Express employee, but you somehow have access to Express policies that normally aren't available to Ground personnel. Explain that one.

Shill, cheerleader, and Kool-Aid purveyor supreme...that's you.

CJinx

Last, you work for Ground, so you have no clue what it's like to be an Express employee, but you somehow have access to Express policies that normally aren't available to Ground personnel. Explain that one.
Easy. Go to the intranet homepage, click Express, and scroll down to 'Policies and Procedures". Maybe you should know what you're talking about before you post.
No, you're a shill because you behave like a shill. I can post a brand-new thread and you hit 'derail", which reeks of shill. You are also constantly defending the company for their indefensible actions, again, true shill behavior.
I am a shill because I have an opinion the differs from yours and you can't handle the fact that there are people who work here who like their jobs. They must be koolaid drinkers or stupid or shills because they're not as jaded or cynical as you.

Since we're being catty, let me pose this question to you: How does it feel to know that the company you work for thinks so little of you that they're going to pay a new hire as much or more money to do a part of your job, and that the teamsters also think so little of you that they won't take your phone calls and will only put as much effort as you have into unionizing express?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Since we're being catty, let me pose this question to you: How does it feel to know that the company you work for thinks so little of you that they're going to pay a new hire as much or more money to do a part of your job, and that the teamsters also think so little of you that they won't take your phone calls and will only put as much effort as you have into unionizing express?
I'm sure both FedEx Ground and the Teamsters worship you to the ends of the earth. Nice try Cleopatra.