Fuel Spills

bbsam

Staff member
8 to 12 inch solid streak of fuel for a few hundred yards. takes the dmp guy a few hours and multiple bags of speedy dry. take two or three one gallon milk jugs full of diesel and see how far ya get spilling it out
I’ll do ya one better.

I help maintain some soccer fields.

Every so often I get a paint line wrong. So I drive several hundred yards to get a 5 gallon bucket of water in a gator. Then, without a lid, I race back to the line.

It sloshes around and some spills out that great big hole, but not half, not a third.

Considering the size of the fill hole on a package car, very little is actually spilled.

Kirito5.0

lol I feel your pain. I am the only responder at my facility in a major city and they expect me to clean it up. I don't have time for that with leakers all over the building. After the third time I refused and told them to take it up with my full-time supervisor. From that point on they would come and borrow a spill-cart and do it themselves.

I still get annoyed though because the amount of absorbent they use... I already have enough issues with UPS ordering DMP supplies in time.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I dare these suits to enforce pretrips on their PCM. Instead of whoever rear-ended our vehicles this time, tier 3 smh, and the latest victim managed to ride their bike directly into the rear bumper of one of our cars, tier 3!!!!

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Considering the size of the fill hole on a package car, very little is actually spilled.
20 or 30 gallons of fuel sloshing around the tank as the truck makes its first turn causes the fuel to literally shoot up the filler neck and spray out like a fountain all over the side of the package car and the ground. it then sloshes back and forth spewing out the filler neck until his next turn into the buildings overhead door and then his next turn down the aisle until he backs up a few times to park. all the while leaving a solid trail of fuel to the point where you can count how many backs it took him to park. im not an idiot bro, i know what two gallons of liquid looks like compared to two cups. long time ago before ups i was a fuel tank tester and sealer for a major aircraft manufacturer. i got a bit o experience in fuel spills

WTFm8

Yeah ok. Diad prompt. :rolleyes:
Did you iron your uniform today? Y or N
You would be great in ie :childish:

Uniform maintenance depends on supplement. Mine states company is responsible to maintain them... but nobody cares. One of my stewards shirts is see-through where the seatbelt rubs his shoulder.

Dhydratd

we have carwash people at our building then only thing they good at is, putting the camera volume down and leaving their trash in my truck.
I am carwash, would you please explain to me why you need your rear monitor volume at 100% when the moment I put the truck in reverse all I can hear is an ear-splitting feedback screech at 100+ decibels? Turn that :censored2: down, damnit!

Rack em

Made the Podium
I am carwash, would you please explain to me why you need your rear monitor volume at 100% when the moment I put the truck in reverse all I can hear is an ear-splitting feedback screech at 100+ decibels? Turn that :censored2: down, damnit!
Safety first ;)

allahuakbar

She/Her
It’s required to be over 75% in our building.