Full time and Divorce

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Sorry I'm a little late to this thread. I got a divorce 5 years ago. I heard all the same rhetoric that you are hearing. She was gonna take half my pension, 401k and she even said she was getting half of my SSI. I laughed for hours on that one. Anyhow D-Day came and guess what. She got nothing! Any claim she had to my pension was negated by debt I agreed to take on that was ours and my 401k was all put in before we got married. One thing that did suck was that I was ordered to keep her on and membership like insurance, cell phone, etc. until the marriage was finalized. Small price to pay for peace and tranquility.

UPSGUY72

Sorry I'm a little late to this thread. I got a divorce 5 years ago. I heard all the same rhetoric that you are hearing. She was gonna take half my pension, 401k and she even said she was getting half of my SSI. I laughed for hours on that one. Anyhow D-Day came and guess what. She got nothing! Any claim she had to my pension was negated by debt I agreed to take on that was ours and my 401k was all put in before we got married. One thing that did suck was that I was ordered to keep her on and membership like insurance, cell phone, etc. until the marriage was finalized. Small price to pay for peace and tranquility.

She can stay on the insurance until the Divorce becomes final or next May 2 the day we started living apart. Her Lawyer thinks otherwise can't wait to see the look on his face we he finds out he wrong again I'll even give him the phone number to the Union Health insurance administrator so he can hear it from them. So far the only thing he ever has to say is that he doesn't like my tone and he doesn't feel comfortable with the way I'm talking. My attorney is like whatever.

Right know she is getting half me pension but is going to owe me upwards of $30,000 so I have room to negotiate her getting nothing and still give me some cash so she can buy the house from me. Otherwise she going to looking for an apartment and have to go furniture shopping and still owe me about $15,000. She can't collect on my SSI the marriage was less then 10 years even if she did it doesn't effect mine when I start collecting it. She pays for her own cell phone, the last time she tried to pull this :censored2: I shut her phone off.

I can't wait till this is all over with but I'm also not in so much of a hurry that I'm will to give up what rightfully mine.

UPSGUY72

I get to go to court tomorrow for are pretrial conference. Sense the house appraisal isn't done yet and we agree on nothing I would have to guess a trial date is going to be set.

UPSGUY72

What a waste of a day 3 hrs in court very little if anything got agreed upon. Now we have a trial date or Nov 10th. Also going to have to take her to court before than to be able to take the kids on vacation in Oct.

One thing that her lawyer final figured out was she doesn't get to stay on my health insurance he tried to play stupid and say oh I didn't know UPS was a self insured company in front of the judge what an idiot. Other than that he did a lot of talking to the judge with the judge giving guidance that wasn't what he really wanted to hear.

upschuck

What a waste of a day 3 hrs in court very little if anything got agreed upon. Now we have a trial date or Nov 10th. Also going to have to take her to court before than to be able to take the kids on vacation in Oct.

One thing that her lawyer final figured out was she doesn't get to stay on my health insurance he tried to play stupid and say oh I didn't know UPS was a self insured company in front of the judge what an idiot. Other than that he did a lot of talking to the judge with the judge giving guidance that wasn't what he really wanted to hear.
You mgmt?

UPSGUY72

Didn't know any hourlies were still in the UPS managed plan.

Not in a UPS management plan. In a Union run UPS plan. UPS is a self insuring company meaning they pay the full cost of the health insurance for there employees. They just pay someone else to run it. So your ex doesn't get to stay on your insurance.

upschuck

Not in a UPS management plan. In a Union run UPS plan. UPS is a self insuring company meaning they pay the full cost of the health insurance for there employees. They just pay someone else to run it. So your ex doesn't get to stay on your insurance.
OK, the way I read it made me think the other way.