Full time driver backpacks and gear

Cementups

Box Monkey
Anyone know what i need to get to hook Stuff up to the battery ??? I've heard of people doing that

Only certain trucks are set up to be wired up to.

But you should worry more about learning the job and qualifying before you even think of using a radio and trying to tap into the battery system of the truck.

TheKingOfQueens

Only certain trucks are set up to be wired up to.

But you should worry more about learning the job and qualifying before you even think of using a radio and trying to tap into the battery system of the truck.

Of course . This is way after I qualify and learn all aspects of the job .

fres431

Ya can buy little battery packs to charge phones I just purchased a slow draw rechargeable battery to hook GPS up too $40 plus $25 for the charger..ima floater otherwise I probably wouldn't use it

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownArmy

That's what I'm talking about. What's the WD for? Radios a must...

So many uses for WD...one use is spraying the rubber baby buggy bumper latches on the bulkhead door...spray a little in the female, and voila...your door doesn't get stuck.

Whats the cotter pins for?

For fixing a hand-truck wheel.

What's the ornamental pumpkin for?

Took this pic last fall, when a similar thread was posted.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Ya can buy little battery packs to charge phones I just purchased a slow draw rechargeable battery to hook GPS up too $40 plus $25 for the charger..ima floater otherwise I probably wouldn't use it

Sent using BrownCafe App

Or you could buy a map book for about $10.00.

turdbrown

power inverter, phone charger, wireless speaker, iPod, advil, bandaids, antibacterial hand sanitizer, 6 12oz h2o bottles 2 of them frozen-no soda! You will sweat your ass off if you drink things with a lot of sugar. Since you are new, you are going to be out there 12hrs a day. Get use to it! Neve,r ever, ever, ever, ever go into mgmt

Climbingtheladder

Your first week bring in everything you think you need ! Then in 3 weeks see how much stuff you are still bringing in lol. You don't need all that crap, I bring a map and 6 water bottles. And don't even use the map.

Fedex Guy

What do you full timers carry on a daily basis in your backpacks . Hopefully going full time soon and would like to know what ( if any ) gadgets or whatever it may be to carry in my backpack just in case ... Flashlight? Multitool ? Gum ? Water? Carabiner for truck keys?

Just created new account . Was "theupsguy83" using TheKingOfQueens from now on.
Flashlight AND a fleshlight!

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

Rainman

Its all good.
Anyone know what i need to get to hook Stuff up to the battery ??? I've heard of people doing that
Advance Auto Parts has a power plug with a 3 ft cable that has alligator clips that clamp directly onto your battery. $3.25 approximately. Run the wire out from under the steps on the passenger side.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Advance Auto Parts has a power plug with a 3 ft cable that has alligator clips that clamp directly onto your battery. $3.25 approximately. Run the wire out from under the steps on the passenger side.

And if you get caught using it........

Rainman

Its all good.
My supes have seen it a couple of times. It doesn't compromise the integrity of the vehicle in any way, so I don't see any issue with it.

Rainman

Its all good.
Had out here burn to the ground doing exactly that. Didn't end well for the driver

Sent using BrownCafe App
I've seen the pictures where cars have burned because someone tried to cut into the truck wiring to hardwire their stuff in. What I use clamps into the battery, nothing to compromise the integrity of the electrical system like something that requires cutting into existing wiring.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I've seen the pictures where cars have burned because someone tried to cut into the truck wiring to hardwire their stuff in. What I use clamps into the battery, nothing to compromise the integrity of the electrical system like something that requires cutting into existing wiring.

What kind of pkg car do you drive? What year? The newer ones have power points under the dash, sort of up behind the cupholder. It is fused to a little blade-type fuse holder on top of the battery.

Cementups

Box Monkey
What kind of pkg car do you drive? What year? The newer ones have power points under the dash, sort of up behind the cupholder. It is fused to a little blade-type fuse holder on top of the battery.

That depends on the manufacturer. A lot of new Workhorses do not have them.

Rainman

Its all good.
New p8 freight liner