full-time driver wage progression quest.

palguy

We have a "rumor" floating around at my hub that if you deliver Saturday air for two years so you hit your top wage then when you go full-time driving it then takes only 6 months to get the top wage there. I read the contract and this is what it said:

1. No employee shall be required to complete a full-time progression more than one time even if he or she transfers between full-time jobs except as set forth in this paragraph. The sole exception is when an employee is awarded a package car or feeder driver job and has not previously held a full-time job which includes driving duties. In such event, the employee will have a break in rate equal to the employee's current wage rate until six (6) months from the date the employee entered the job. The employee will then go to the prevailing top rate. A part-time air driver who has completed the Article 40 progression, bids a full-time inside job and then a driver job within two (2) years shall have the same break-in period.
This might not even be the correct quote. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

palguy

ups79 said:
Maybe you should "quote" the contract, not paraphrase what you think you read.
I copied and pasted the exact wording of the contract. It's straight from the master agreement. I don't even see how you could have thought otherwise.

diadlover

Dear palguy,
I know a guy who knows a guy that used to be an EAM driver. Well, after he hit his top wage for the air wage payscale he went full time driving. He claims that it then took him just 6 months to hit the top wage for friend/t driver pay. I believe that when you go from p/t to friend/t you do not have a decrease in your hourly rate. So I guess it's true.

P.S.-your car sux (probably not even yours)

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Lover

I know a guy who knows a girl, who knows four others that say your full of it.

d

PS. I thought about putting something snide here, but I think I will let it pass. No sense in lowering myself to your level.

Pal

You posted
This might not even be the correct quote
then you posted
I copied and pasted the exact wording of the contract. It's straight from the master agreement. I don't even see how you could have thought otherwise

Huh?

xkingx

i know some1 that knows me...i air drove for 10 plus years, then went friend/t..I stayed at my top air rate which was 18 plus for 2.5 years..:lol:

palguy

My mistake. I meant that it might not be the correct part of the contract that explains my question. Does that make sense now?

PADriver

When you move into the driving position your wage does not go down, you are red circled at your current rate until your time on the job catches up to your wage. It will still be 30 months until you hit full wage scale as a driver.