Full time driving advice

JJinVA

No literally no one except other runners think you have a point.

This is what runners do you twist and contort things to justify doing what you know isn’t right. There’s always an excuse to try and justify it. Oh my wife is working late. Oh my kid has a ball game. Oh I’ve got dinner plans.

Sooner you figure out they own you til 11pm every night and accept it the better you’ll be.

Once I become an RPCD Ill be outside playing soggy biscuit with everyone else. Because I want that 9.5 grievance too. Who wouldnt?

JJinVA

No you won't.
I've known lots of runners.
Until your knee blows out, you'll keep running.

False. I have no desire to be a "runner". I DO, however, have a desire to NOT mow the yard at midnight. This past week was great. I was able to do everything I needed to do during the week. This was a fluke. Im guessing its because our usual dispatcher was on vacation and the person doing the dispatch was splitting things up evenly instead of dumping 4 routes on me. This week will be back to "normal" Im supposing. When was the last time you worked a 14 hour day? 15 years ago?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Once I become an RPCD Ill be outside playing soggy biscuit with everyone else. Because I want that 9.5 grievance too. Who wouldnt?

I really don’t know anyone that cares about the 9.5 grievance. They’d rather not worry about it all.

Not many 9.5 paid out where I’m at. Get a couple 12+ hour days per week but not 9.5’s

JJinVA

I really don’t know anyone that cares about the 9.5 grievance. They’d rather not worry about it all.

Not many 9.5 paid out where I’m at. Get a couple 12+ hour days per week but not 9.5’s

Every week I watch the stewards walk by with a bible's worth of paperwork, all 9.5s

542thruNthru

To be honest I don't care if you're a runner. I only care when I have to start dealing with their runner caused issues.

"542 can you get this on call air? Barney says he can't get it.." as he drives to his last stop

Or when they complain to the ORS or Dispatch about a certain area that "slows them down" then they give to me and take my juice.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
False. I have no desire to be a "runner". I DO, however, have a desire to NOT mow the yard at midnight. This past week was great. I was able to do everything I needed to do during the week. This was a fluke. Im guessing its because our usual dispatcher was on vacation and the person doing the dispatch was splitting things up evenly instead of dumping 4 routes on me. This week will be back to "normal" Im supposing. When was the last time you worked a 14 hour day? 15 years ago?
Lol.
Screenshot (26).png

6 days straight, about a month ago.
I pull at least 2 - 3 16 hour days most weeks.

JJinVA

Lol.
View attachment 309737
6 days straight, about a month ago.
I pull at least 2 - 3 16 hour days most weeks.

And out of the "kindness of your heart", you didnt file a 9.5 grievance? Thats almost worse than going through your truck if you arent filing 9.5 grievances because youre letting management push you over 9.5 instead of giving them the incentive to hire more RPCDs.

JJinVA

Not a driver.
I just don't feel the need to cry about it, or try to cheat my way out of it.

Well that explains alot. If youre a part timer you also have every incentive to stay on the clock as long as possible and still get off work while its day time out....... must be tough... :P

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Well that explains alot. If youre a part timer you also have every incentive to stay on the clock as long as possible and still get off work while its day time out....... must be tough... :P
Lol. You did see the part where it said almost 90 hours, right?

No. No I haven't been home much lately.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
How are you getting all those hours? You stick around and do damaged packages or what? What time are you getting off?
Triple shifting.
I preload, driver help, then local sort.

I typically start around 415AM, and end around 930 PM. Sometimes with a couple half hour breaks between shifts.