Full Timers Complaining

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
So many people have been made drivers in my building they are having a hard time getting everyone 8 hours. Full timers already complaining about no overtime. Well I dont feel sorry for them. You could see this disaster coming from a mile away.

UPS and IBT has stabbed everybody in the back. They should all burn. Including every sellout shill that calls themself a representative that praised this contract like a giddy school girl.

Anyone who counts on overtime is goofy. We are still getting plenty of it but the Company announced months ago that they were trying to reduce the day. WE were the ones that asked for it. Remember article 37?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Do you see UPS hiring enough 22.4's to make much of an impact on overtime? I don't.

The 22.4's will be there, to relieve the drivers not wanting the overtime.

It won't happen everywhere. People might still have to file.

What I see, is a gateway to address the situation.

A work in progress.

New language, always has "growing pains".

In a perfect world....

The Union would "snap their fingers" and the company would capitulate.

-Bug-

davidix

On behalf of everybody that wants to have more family time and not be delivering at 10 at night thank you ups.

Never seen people more relaxed than I have the last 2 weeks.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

It has always been cheaper to pay OT then to hire extra drivers and buy more trucks. UPS may be gearing up for the mas exodus of baby boomers. Most of us are in our 60's now.
I remember at integrad they instructors were telling us how quickly we’d make full time. They were expecting 60-65% of their driving workforce to be retired by the end of the decade and can’t retain young workers.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

A work in progress.

In a perfect world....

-Bug-
The thing I dont like about the union pushing hard for the 22.4 position is that the union made it seem that creating the 22.4 position is the one and only fix to excessive overtime.

Skooney

The thing I dont like about the union pushing hard for the 22.4 position is that the union made it seem that creating the 22.4 position is the one and only fix to excessive overtime.

Ding ding ding! Winner winner chicken dinner.

This is why I voted no. Because it wasn't the only fix, and the IBT and it's BA's and reps made it seem like this was the ONLY way we could compete with Amazon and deliver on weekends.. Hire more drivers, open more routes. Everyone's overtime goes down, and there is no 22.4's needed.

F

Frankie's Friend

That's what the members in pkg wanted.... less forced overtime.

A work in progress.

In a perfect world....

-Bug-
This all makes sense now.

So it's parallel to local and int'l representation too. Great!

Those poor folks have way too much on their plate. I know they do because our ba was hearing the same grievances locally again from May of 2017, over and over recently.

We need to take some of his pay and hire another ba that will help reduce his work load because he's obviously overworked and suffering from short term dementia.

You know, maybe the new guy could hear a grievance and deadlock immediately if the labor mgr won't pay it instead of waiting a year and a half to hear the same ones again. And again. Over and over.

22.4 BAs. That's a classic idea!

Skooney

Yup. You're right.

16,000 pieces today, which is about 30% more than the normal, added routes and they didn't even have enough drivers riding pine today to cover all the routes they added.

Keep selling that 8 hour dream.. That :censored2: aint reality bub. It's 5pm I have 60ish stops left - for the 2nd day this week. Thanks for playing.