fulltime layoff pay...

mainebrown

does anyone know the deal with full time drivers who get laid off; and what their pay will be?......i am getting what i was getting when i was parttime....does not make sense considering i'm now fulltime.

Also, i heard from some people that you will get part time rate until you make your progression, then after... if u get laid off your stuck @ driver rate....others say diffrent....what's the real deal? no one seems to know....thanks guys

IDoLessWorkThanMost

does anyone know the deal with full time drivers who get laid off; and what their pay will be?......i am getting what i was getting when i was parttime....does not make sense considering i'm now fulltime.

Also, i heard from some people that you will get part time rate until you make your progression, then after... if u get laid off your stuck @ driver rate....others say diffrent....what's the real deal? no one seems to know....thanks guys

Since you're laid off, you should be able to bump part-timers who's lower in seniority and work inside.

The layoff procedure etc should be in your local supplement. I'm sure it's different everywhere

Here in Local 25 ENE, I believe you start a new progression when you are ladi off, if you bump a part-timer while you are progression as a full-time employee. The inside progression is 2 years subtracted what you've worked. if you finished your progression as a full-time driver and were laid off, you'd stay at your higher rate for the inside work. I am not 100% on all of this with regards to Local 25, just my loose interpetation from what I remember.

pkg-king

There are fulltime drivers being laid-off?

helenofcalifornia

Five layoffs for fulltime drivers in my center, 13 in another center, and 11 in another one. Been that way now for three weeks. This is the beginning of the fourth week. They say when vacations pick up they will end.

New Englander

The past (current) contract was another blow to progression fulltimers.

If you are still in progression you get what ever part-time rate the job your doing pays based upon your current seniority in that position.

You will not get driver pay on layoff.

As to bumping? You are not allowed an 8hr shift either. It's what ever is available. Local sort and Preload combined and it doesn't have to be 8hrs of work either.

Overpaid Union Thug

The past (current) contract was another blow to progression fulltimers.

If you are still in progression you get what ever part-time rate the job your doing pays based upon your current seniority in that position.

You will not get driver pay on layoff.

As to bumping? You are not allowed an 8hr shift either. It's what ever is available. Local sort and Preload combined and it doesn't have to be 8hrs of work either.

Here we are guaranteed 8 hours. No ifs or buts about it. We also get drivers pay until we are laid off for 7 consecutive days. After that is hub pay again. When I first went full-time I was double shifting on mondays once in a while instead of coming in and waiting to see if a higher seniority driver wanted to have a day off so I could work. One day there just wasn't enough work for me to get the full 8 hours so I went to our On Car sup and asked him what will happen. He told me that if I wanted it they'd have to pay me for the whole 8 hours whether I worked 7, 6, or even 5 hours. Every time I double shifted inside I was paid drivers pay. The sups don't like though if a laid off driver deliver EAMs and NDAs. For some reason it still shows up as another route on their report.

New Englander

If you are a layed off full-timer then can't you get unemployment as well?

Only if you take any available work offered to you.

If they split shift it - and say you decline one of the shifts. Your out of luck.

Cement, thats not how the master contract is written for employees still going through progression for full-time jobs.

Perhaps your rider is different.

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
There are fulltime drivers being laid-off?

I've been inside now for 6 weeks. There are 15 of us back in the building. Making $9.15 an hour since we aren't through progression. I am full time, I need to get back on the road....can't even afford to get to work, I'm just putting up with it to keep my benefits. :whiteflag:

New Englander

I've been inside now for 6 weeks. There are 15 of us back in the building. Making $9.15 an hour since we aren't through progression. I am full time, I need to get back on the road....can't even afford to get to work, I'm just putting up with it to keep my benefits. :whiteflag:

I was an outside seasonal hire that made seniority.
Want to talk about a shock I was never let on about. I was infuriated. Asked to be put on a true layoff instead of the split crap etc....Was instructed to work as instructed.

This is only my second year not looking at layoffs. Still have the debt to show for it as well.

PackageDonkey

Box Delivery Man
Ya, layoff time is always tough for me too. Last year I wasnt even laid off 5 days. In our center, they stopped sending drivers home after the sort if they wanted to go. Also, they dont give drivers the day off anymore unless they have a floater or a sick day to burn. And I just bought a house 2 months ago, right before they made all of these changes. Thank god summer is right around the corner, though.

xkingx

so lets say one is at top pay friend/T and has been with the company for over 17 years, they wont get their driver pay? Theyd only get the top pay of an insider??

i'd find another driver in a different center to bump...Assuming one has more than one center being ran out of their bldg.

Here we have roughly 20 drivers out of our bldg laid off...Also, heard it will remain like this until June when vacations pick up..funny how they lay off people yet post temp driver list up..

New Englander

so lets say one is at top pay friend/T and has been with the company for over 17 years, they wont get their driver pay? Theyd only get the top pay of an insider??

i'd find another driver in a different center to bump...Assuming one has more than one center being ran out of their bldg.

Here we have roughly 20 drivers out of our bldg laid off...Also, heard it will remain like this until June when vacations pick up..funny how they lay off people yet post temp driver list up..

There can be absolutely no Temp-drivers used while seniority drivers are on company forced layoff.

We have a red circled old timer still preloading. His wage is like $24 an hour or so. If a full seniority driver is laid of he is guaranteed to make the same rate as the highest preloader.

Trust me.....those of us out of progression are chomping at the bits to get laid off :)

S

speeddemon

You do have the option of getting you hours in by displacing part timers. Its just a benefit of being fulltime.