Funeral time off reim

Beth1964

I’ve been with UPS for over 13 years. ( part time package handier) My Brother in law passed away, he lived 600 miles away.
I checked the contract and understood it to read I would have up to 4 days for funeral and travel.
I was paid for 3 days and then payroll took 2 days back!
Nobody can tell you procedures on this, even checked with shop steward.
I literally was on the road 2 days and was at viewing and service the other 2 days. Sure wasn’t trying to abuse UPS. Just want what contract says I’m entitled to!

542thruNthru

I’ve been with UPS for over 13 years. ( part time package handier) My Brother in law passed away, he lived 600 miles away.
I checked the contract and understood it to read I would have up to 4 days for funeral and travel.
I was paid for 3 days and then payroll took 2 days back!
Nobody can tell you procedures on this, even checked with shop steward.
I literally was on the road 2 days and was at viewing and service the other 2 days. Sure wasn’t trying to abuse UPS. Just want what contract says I’m entitled to!
This is the national master language. Your supplemental may have different. I don't know what supplemental you are though.

Screenshot_20210929-105422_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Sorry for you loss.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Stuff happens and there is nothing you can do about it. Always good to have some savings put away for emergencies like this. If you can't do that, overlap a vacation week or to to your anniversary date so you can always get a payout.