Funnies line I have heard from District Mgr!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had a District Mgr tell a driver not to question his integrity. DM got fired a short time later for sleeping with a co-worker/secretary.

packageguy

This week he was in an uproar, If this does not stop I will put my browns on and ride with drivers. We had 17 drivers over 2 hours.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We had a District Mgr tell a driver not to question his integrity. DM got fired a short time later for sleeping with a co-worker/secretary.

Two things:
1) It is a stretch to say that sleeping with a fellow employee has anything to do with integrity.
2) District Managers have never gotten fired for this behavior. They get fussed at and typically transferred to another district. A couple I know of have been demoted and transferred to another location.

Anything they say now is not their own anyways. They have no power anymore. The District Manager of the past ran the show. Now they just do what the Region tells them to do.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I actually have 2;

1. Safety is fine as long as it doesnt cost too much......
2. Run the plan.

The saying at UPS I have heard for my 38 years here is "Plan the work and work the plan".
That is a succinct characterization of the UPS approach to running the company.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Two things:
1) It is a stretch to say that sleeping with a fellow employee has anything to do with integrity.
2) District Managers have never gotten fired for this behavior. They get fussed at and typically transferred to another district. A couple I know of have been demoted and transferred to another location.

If he was married I would question his integrity.

GoForBroke

Tell them to quit over-dispatching.
You're joking right?I take it you're not an On Road Sup, probably just an hourly? There is no such thing as over-dispatching anymore! You simply run the plan that IE set in PKG or ELSE! And if the driver works over 9.5 but plans under 9.5 (essentially "over allowed"); than you hop on SSP and do a virtual or, get off your butt and on the car and bring that driver in SCRATCH! We are required to average a 9 hr GTS plan day. Which usually works out to be a 9.35 paid day. And this is set forth by district!