13:00 - 22:00 (H)
01/07
1:09 - 8:53 (P)
13:37 - 19:37 (H)
01/08
2:20 - 8:33 (P)
12:30 - 15:00 (H)
17:05 - 21:13 (T)

Those were my hours Mon-Wed. I don't know what to say other than that's what I worked and that's what I'll be paid for.

Last peak I even worked an 18-hour day. I worked preload and then helped four different drivers for most of the day, until 10:30pm.

This is my longest day from this peak:

12/20
00:35 - 9:39 (P)
13:00 - 20:54 (H)
You are in for a good payday next week.:likeit:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I got a more funny story:

I had a driver with more seniority bump me off a route, then was complaining there was too many stops on said route and then I get a message as I was heading back to the building (answered it when I got back to the building since I was on the freeway) that the driver needed help and wanted me to go take stops off him.

True story.

Why is that funny? Sounds like a driver willing to stand up for himself.

I like the cut of his jib.

laffter

You are in for a good payday next week.:likeit:

If I work the Twilight shift tonight for five hours, I'll make just over $500 after taxes. It's good, not great. I've been spoiled this season by nice paychecks so I'm trying to stretch it out for as long as I can while the work is there. Preload volume has dropped down to normal numbers, so driver helping might be over until next peak.

The most I've made ever in one week at UPS was this peak, ~$780 from 80 hours.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I know you guys have history with Upstate, but I actually enjoy when someone is wrong not because I can rub their nose in it but because it gives me an excuse to look it up myself & reinforce my own knowledge (and maybe share some). How many times do you just know something is in the Contract or a DOT regulation but you can't find it? Sometimes stuff disappears that was in past Contracts, sometimes it was just never there. The FMCSA site is great because it has up to date interpretations, unlike the paperback copy.

I'd like to say I know my Contract and FMCSR backwards and forwards, but it's all dog-eared for a reason. If you want a sleep aid just start trying to study the Contract. These forum questions are like one big pop quiz.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If there are no hours restrictions for inside employees, why was my center manager so adamant that inside employees used as helpers not work more than 14 hours per day and tried to limit their hours to 12?

CharleyHustle

If there are no hours restrictions for inside employees, why was my center manager so adamant that inside employees used as helpers not work more than 14 hours per day and tried to limit their hours to 12?

I don't think anyone is saying there are no "hours restrictions", but just that this instance is not a DOT violation. If I get anything from reading this message board it is that things can be vastly different from one area of the country to another and even center to center. Here in Michigan and in auto plants it has been common for workers to "double shift" and work 16 hour days for weeks on end. Big money, but no life.

If I had to guess on your manager, I'd say he gets virtually no supervisor working grievances, hence he limits hours and lets his sups pick up the slack.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a lot of prisons where I live and it is not uncommon for prison guards to work a number of double shifts and then take a month off (unpaid) during hunting season.

No, we don't have a lot of supervisor working grievances in my center, but not for the reasons you gave.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I were a center manager, I think I would look down on the idea of a "part timer" putting in an over 14 hour day, peak season or not.

Our center likes to offer the work to insiders first----there are probably 5-6 who work as helpers and look forward to their Peak paychecks---before hiring outside helpers. It is much cheaper to pay a PTer or seasonal worker OT than to pay a pkg car driver OT. That being said, my center manager was careful not to overwork the insiders as he knew we would really need them as we got closer to Christmas.