Future of FedEx hubs?

bacha29

Doubtful this will get the freight to the stations any quicker. Later more likely.
Trying to eliminate some of the hand labor and potential injuries that goes with handling that stolen motor freight. Now how that contractor gets it up those stairs and up through those snow and ice covered yards....... well that's his problem.Not hard to see that step vans will be replaced with CDL straight trucks hydraulic tail gates and two guys in every truck. Every year a contractor will be given what amounts to a block grant to operate on. If it's not enough to to go around and cover all of his bills......well, that's his problem.

floridays

Trying to eliminate some of the hand labor and potential injuries that goes with handling that stolen motor freight. Now how that contractor gets it up those stairs and up through those snow and ice covered yards....... well that's his problem.Not hard to see that step vans will be replaced with CDL straight trucks hydraulic tail gates and two guys in every truck. Every year a contractor will be given what amounts to a block grant to operate on. If it's not enough to to go around and cover all of his bills......well, that's his problem.

Maybe his problem is contracting with them in the first place, just a thought.

bacha29

Maybe his problem is contracting with them in the first place, just a thought.
Once upon a time if you were in the right markets and demographics it was a worthwhile endeavor . Now it's beginning to look that as time goes by they will be fewer and father between as XGround's tactic's and approach toward contractors becomes ever more belligerent and heavy handed .

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Once upon a time if you were in the right markets and demographics it was a worthwhile endeavor . Now it's beginning to look that as time goes by they will be fewer and father between as XGround's tactic's and approach toward contractors becomes ever more belligerent and heavy handed .
Just one word. DRONES. (tribute to "The Graduate")

Oldfart

From what I hear the Memphis Hub can't hire enough people now. Might as well make plans to do more with less. Automation is here to stay. Might as well put it to use.

Oldfart

Then maybe they should pay better and create more full-time jobs.
Hard to have a bunch of full time when the sort times are so far apart. I don't know much about the present hub but the pool of potential employees in Memphis is pretty weak from what my family tells me. They had to stop requiring high school degrees and began allowing people with certain felonies to get hired.