G&A ERI

Forgive me for asking, but the work environment up there in Mahwah, Morristown and Paramus is much different that ours at the district level. We have our own problems with PMT, HDFS, micro-managing, etc. Maybe you can enlighten us as to what your world is like. What are you daily obstacles? What's the work politics like?

We've always been hounded to take the ERI as well, but we only take it once and I'm sure ours is alot different than yours. We don't have PL's, Project Managers, Portfolio Managers, etc. Why would they want you to take it more than once?

I had considered pursuing something in corporate IS, but no one ever really paid attention to district TSG. I'm just really curious to know what the whole corporate IS environment is like.

I guess I should be speaking in the past tense. Yes, it's been just over a year since I left UPS but it seems like sometimes I speak like I still work there.

I just discovered this place about a week ago, so it's information overload for me right now. I had been on the Package Smashers board but there is not much activity there, none from at all from TSG folk. This is a great place to vent and find others TSGers who were in the same boat I was. I was with UPS for almost 20 years so it was tough to walk away.

T

Truth Be told

G & A programmer....would their initials bookend the word DOG? if it does...that's just too fitting

Once again another lie. PLs such as myself took the ERI in a separate group for P/Ls to allow us to comment and score our experience at UPS. The PL score was 90 for G&A. The number of P/Ls who took it was not greater than the Portfolio P/L population.

Why stir the coal and try to create a problem that does not exist.

Time would be better spent finding sales leads or helping to get the release completed on time.

T

truth be told eri

things must be better in Morristown than they are in Ramsey...thus your comment to 'get the release out on time' makes perfect sense...it would be great if all we had to worry about in Ramsey was getting our work done...!

maybe it has something to do with your app mgr being a much better person than our app mgr...our app mgr is so insecure she was threatened by the lady that ran the cafeteria, and had a big hand in getting rid of her...I guess our app mgr couldn't understand why people in Ramsey had more respect for the cafeteria lady than a high level manager...imagine feeling threatened by a person that didn't even work for UPS..???

how about an informal Ramsey poll? who do you like better, cafeteria lady or the thorny rose?

G

get real

Mr KGR This was 2 years ago when Ramsey cafeteria closed and the lady moved to Mahwah....yet one more lie..request to move to Morristown...i am sure they will be more than happy to move YOU.

1 man 1 vote

I vote for Cafeteria Lady !!! ---and I only voted once, unlike our managers who inflated the ERI scores by voting multiple times..!! GO REDSOX---!!!!

T

thorny rose

Well, if you think you are so much better and your opinion matters why did't you tell her that or at list why did't you put your comments in ERI? O no, big boy, you would rather spill your venom on the Brown Cafe...it says so much about you ...

1 man vote 2

Well, if you think you are so much better and your opinion matters why did't you tell her that or at list why did't you put your comments in ERI? O no, big boy, you would rather spill your venom on the Brown Cafe...it says so much about you ...

You're quite the comedian...lets see if you or anyone can find someone in that building willing to complain to your face or in the ERI, since we all know where it got the last group of complainers...you're surrounded by suckup and yes-men....and the opinions DON'T matter, that's why everyone posts here.

E

ERI =

ERI = Everyone's Really Ignorant if they think people let their true feelings be known when taking the ERI...the last time we did that we had to suffer through those horrendous Peer Focus group meetings...then when we told the thorny rose what our findings were, she wasn't pleased and sent us back to do it again...THAT'S WHY subsequent year's ERI #s were so good...no one wanted to participate in those damn focus group meetings again.

A

amen to that

1 man vote 2: you are so right --- remember her 2004 Year End Acomplishments ?

- John got demoted
- Jane was forced to retire
- Jack got fed up and quit
- Jill is on PIP
- oh, and we deployed a few new apps during the year

some acomplishments, huh?---and you wonder why Ramsey emps use this site to vent..??

i heard that there will be focus group meetings anyway. seems the results were so good someone decided they couldn't be trusted. glad i'm not in ramsey. good luck to those of you who are.

Last edited:

1 man vote 2

1 man vote 2: you are so right --- remember her 2004 Year End Acomplishments ?

- John got demoted
- Jane was forced to retire
- Jack got fed up and quit
- Jill is on PIP
- oh, and we deployed a few new apps during the year

some acomplishments, huh?---and you wonder why Ramsey emps use this site to vent..??

you left out the group of people that left the company all together...

and congratulations Thorny Rose, for getting another group under your command.

Dfigtree

i heard that there will be focus group meetings anyway. seems the results were so good someone decided they couldn't be trusted. glad i'm not in ramsey. good luck to those of you who are.
results were so good someone decided they couldn't be trusted

Now who would care that the results were too good ?
Did you ever notice that ERI spelled backwards is IRE and that UPS is SPU? So, if you are SPU-ing your IRE you must be looking at things through a looking glass.

N

This looks more like the movie "The Breakfast Club"
Look at yourselfs - "all different stereotypes, meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, and discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought. There's a jock, a "princess", a misfit, a nerd, and a lout. Did I say a misfit. Not much in common, except for being a misarable, vindictive cowards. I am happy I have not met you and I am sure you are not missed….

W

whatever

new member: u should have remained a non-member - your input is useless--- many of these folks still work there, so why would they be missed??