G&A ERI

R

ramsey500

P-MAN: I respect what you say---however, the partnership ethic went out the door the day we went public. What kind of partnership rewards some partners with a "special" incentive plan (LTIP) in addition to MIP? Calling someone a partner nowadays usually means you need something from them quickly and unplanned, as in "hey partner, can you do me a solid?"

MOTOWNPRIDE: you call yourself a partner? there was a lot I could say regarding your drink urine and show me the beef comments but I chose not to.

Last edited by a moderator:

pretzel_man

P-MAN: I respect what you say---however, the partnership ethic went out the door the day we went public. What kind of partnership rewards some partners with a "special" incentive plan (LTIP) in addition to MIP? Calling someone a partner nowadays usually means you need something from them quickly and unplanned, as in "hey partner, can you do me a solid?"

quote]

Ramsey, the practice of varying rewards at different levels has been around since Casey's day and has evolved many times.

First stock was only offered to a select few. Then MIP for managers and avove only. Then to Supervisors, with managers and above getting double.

Stock options go to grade 18's and above. That's changed multiple times with different awards at different levels.

Now LTIP for grade 20's and above.

Each of these awards are designed to give more deferred compensation to the higher grade levels. They are meant to encourage those individuals to stay longer with the company and to reward the meeting of goals that grow the company stock.

Each of the LTIP elements are tied to indices that the market cares about.

The thought is that those very senior managers should work toward items that grow the stock and in turn they would be rewarded.

So, in my mind, partnership is NOT dead. Its alive because I discuss it daily with my people, and walk the talk. They preach partnership and walk the talk.

Its your turn. Are you going to let partnership die? Do you walk the talk?

P-Man

R

ramsey500

I appreciate your insight, but I don't understand how they still get LTIP when the stock hasn't grown much in the past several years. :confused2:

pretzel_man

I appreciate your insight, but I don't understand how they still get LTIP when the stock hasn't grown much in the past several years. :confused2:

LTIP is only in its third year.

The first year, LTIP did well. The second it was not good. The third was mediocre.

Each year, only a % of it is paid and its on a sliding scale.

I can probably find the elements somewhere if needed.

BTW, stock options have been very poor because the stock has been flat.

P-Man

R

ramsey500

oversize: where are you going with Project Golden ?? Everyone in the know....knows what it is....no impact on I/T.

motown pride: Project Golden was a user run project impacting Asia

do u guys really know what Project Golden is- or do u just think u know? it's overseas outsourcing of support and maintenance for UPS systems. hmmm---who is doing those jobs now? and is this really a user run project?

u guys are CLUELESS

R

Rickym

You are the one who is clueless...It is a overseas outsourcing, but not for the IT labor. It's for the local offices - billing, friend&A and so on. Admin labor. You are a troublemaker...
This just proves that you are not in Ramsey IT group.

oversize: where are you going with Project Golden ?? Everyone in the know....knows what it is....no impact on I/T.

motown pride: Project Golden was a user run project impacting Asia

do u guys really know what Project Golden is- or do u just think u know? it's overseas outsourcing of support and maintenance for UPS systems. hmmm---who is doing those jobs now? and is this really a user run project?

u guys are CLUELESS

I

ImportedGoods

You are the one who is clueless...It is a overseas outsourcing, but not for the IT labor. It's for the local offices - billing, friend&A and so on. Admin labor. You are a troublemaker...

Why are you mentioning information that was directed to be kept within department?

you are correct in your statement...RAMSEY...try again !!!

Wow someone finally mentioned that UPS is considering taking the plunge into the overseas outsourcing of some admin jobs. This does not surprise me at all, but if it really happens and it is successful, think about what could be next - TSG/TSC/IS. I'm not trying to over-speculate, but perhaps UPS is looking to get its toes wet, so to speak, with the admins first before taking a bigger risk with other functions.

Deeohem

TSC definately could move almost any time along with ECTS. After all, the SCS global help desk is already based offshore.