Game. Set. Match.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I've been giving all the homeless drunks and drugees extra money recently. telling them if they see anyone besides me and the other regular guy around, to get crazy. Lmao

JustDeliverIt

I know that prior to negotiations the company indicated their desire for a lesser rate package car driver (similar to the $15 Per hour Sunday plus any 4 in 6 USPS driver)

They didn’t quite get that, but they did get a reduced cost employee that they will likely use on inside sorts or driving.

Even at $6 less an hour they will make more in progression than drivers starting four years ago, and they’ll be compensated pretty dang well as a stepping stone into the package classification

It’s an imperfect marriage of covering package work with part-time inside work that the 22.3 could not provide in its current form

It will be a hurdle, but i don’t see people sticking this job out of it doesn’t get treated quite right or bid per supplemental bargaining agreement the right way

First off, just because the company asked for it doesn't mean they get it. We asked for no 70 hr work weeks, $15/hr for part timers to start and catch up raises for existing part timers and got none of that.
Secondly, I have no problem with the creation of a 22.4 position. But it should be at full scale wage rate. They are going to be the ones to work Saturdays and Sundays when it rolls out (should be premium pay) and give the company to flex their work schedule as they see fit to help the company (worth premium pay). Instead, they get paid less. Oh yeah, and on top of it, they are full time with no 9.5 protection, 8 hr language, etc. that RPCD get.
These peoples lives will be a fluctuating schedule week to week. The company wants all of this from them, they should pay them for it.

dogs.bite.me

First off, just because the company asked for it doesn't mean they get it. We asked for no 70 hr work weeks, $15/hr for part timers to start and catch up raises for existing part timers and got none of that.
Secondly, I have no problem with the creation of a 22.4 position. But it should be at full scale wage rate. They are going to be the ones to work Saturdays and Sundays when it rolls out (should be premium pay) and give the company to flex their work schedule as they see fit to help the company (worth premium pay). Instead, they get paid less. Oh yeah, and on top of it, they are full time with no 9.5 protection, 8 hr language, etc. that RPCD get.
These peoples lives will be a fluctuating schedule week to week. The company wants all of this from them, they should pay them for it.

The company wanted you to have a retail schedule. They didn't get it. Part of that is because of the creation of 22.4.

I'm fine with the pay scale off 22.4. I would have loved that position when I was TCD. I do wish they had 8hr options and 9.5 protections tho.

Time for change

Did you know that the package car driver that started 34 years ago makes the same as one that started four years ago?

They make the same rate at top-scale.

The preload rates always sold the unborn for catch up raises. You cannot have catch up raises and a higher wage

The wage structure for the part time is finally being fixed, however some markets still require rate adjustment manipulation because of the varied economic differences geographically
You’re on crack. You know that the 34 year part timer makes over 20 dollars an hour more than the 4 year part timer? You know the 34 year part timer makes over 10 dollars more an hour than the 15 year part timer? It’s not the 34 year part timer or the newbie that gets screwed on this contract, it’s all those in the middle that are getting squeezed. But we will vote in larger numbers and we will help carry the no vote over the finish line.

Days

Did you know that the package car driver that started 34 years ago makes the same as one that started four years ago?

They make the same rate at top-scale.

The preload rates always sold the unborn for catch up raises. You cannot have catch up raises and a higher wage

The wage structure for the part time is finally being fixed, however some markets still require rate adjustment manipulation because of the varied economic differences geographically

Different cases, different scenarios. I doubt a 34 year driver and a 4 year driver are making the same exact money right now. But I have no way to prove that.

There's still part timers making upward of 20 dollars more per hour than new hires so the system is not fixed and never will be.

Kamikaze

You’re on crack. You know that the 34 year part timer makes over 20 dollars an hour more than the 4 year part timer? You know the 34 year part timer makes over 10 dollars more an hour than the 15 year part timer? It’s not the 34 year part timer or the newbie that gets screwed on this contract, it’s all those in the middle that are getting squeezed. But we will vote in larger numbers and we will help carry the no vote over the finish line.
GO FULL TIME DRIVING! Or maybe you’re just to gosh darn dumb to deliver a box.

Kamikaze

Different cases, different scenarios. I doubt a 34 year driver and a 4 year driver are making the same exact money right now. But I have no way to prove that.

There's still part timers making upward of 20 dollars more per hour than new hires so the system is not fixed and never will be.
Yes a 34 year driver and a 4 year driver making EXACTLY the same amount of money. It’s called top rate for a reason.

The 34-year driver and the 4-year driver, in fact, do make exactly the same. It's the negotiated 4-year progression.

542thruNthru

The part time employees don’t vote

They all have their mail sent to their mom or dads house before they moved to some cool apartment.

The wage structure has always sold out the unborn. This contract fixes it for the part time. Next contract will be better

This contract creates jobs no one will take called the 22.4 and will go to hires off the street.

Uh.. You say the contract always sells out the unborn. Then you go on to say the next contract will be different.... seriously???

Then you say the 22.4 job creates a job no one will take. Yeah.... That's a lie. Every PT cover driver in my region will take the job or go back to 3.5 hours. Go ahead and pretend it's a choice but they have been cover for 5 to 7 years. They should be RPCDs but you want to prolong it and call it 22.4s

It happens now every day.

It’s called:

Air driver
Utility driver
Temporary cover driver
Progression rate.

Top scale va bottom scale.

Ups already has a multi-tiered seniority based progression system, but you can hit the top rate if you exercise your seniority.

The 22.4 will be a stepping stone that will provide a combination of work and more importantly a full time job.

Lol combination of work!!! What region are you in because my 22.4s will be drivers ONLY! (I dare you to call me out on this)

I think that is as members have negatively viewed the rate of this new position when the ibt has viewed the importance of creating more full time positions.

Wait.... RPCDs are not full time positions? What you want to say is the IBT has found a way to pay RPCDs a lower wage.

One way or the other - it seems to me that a lot of 21-35 year olds don’t want the full time ups life style and would take an opportunity closer to part time.

Example:

1)three days of part time inside at the inside rate
+
2) two days of driving at the drivers rate.

Those components were intertwined at a fairy competitive rate to the job market - I think the company will be successful in finding people that want this job.

(I wrote inside your quote also)

Um let me make sure you understand that 22.4s will be paid the same rate inside and out. There is no 3 days inside rate and 2 days driving rate.

Just keep in mind that the whole purpose of a union is to raise everyone up to the same level

RPCD?? You do realize just a minute ago you told us how we all have different pay levels right?

You’ve earned seniority to achieve better preferred positions that the new hires can’t come in and take.

Like RPCDs... Oh wait that's a 22.4 also.. Sorry I mean full time driving positions. (Again just say the IBT gave them a break)

They won’t make exactly what you make as if you are making an MRA that will be red circled and you’ll get the GWI on top of that.

(Wrote inside your quote again. )

Last edited:

Days

Yes a 34 year driver and a 4 year driver making EXACTLY the same amount of money. It’s called top rate for a reason.

Are you factoring in GWI increases as well. I understand that it's top rate and that both drivers are at top rate but the 34 year driver could still be making more money

Kamikaze

Are you factoring in GWI increases as well. I understand that it's top rate and that both drivers are at top rate but the 34 year driver could still be making more money
Each new contract year the top rate changes based of the GWI.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My thoughts. Tyler's pay check made me sick. I know he was trying to make a point. But he made that much money in one week, and he complains all the time.
Lol. You aren't getting any sympathy from part timers.

Another thing, he discredits a 70 cent raise. Makes it seem like 70 cents isn't a lot. An extra 3 dollars a day pays for lunch or a week of hot pockets. It adds up. Even might help pay for gas. 700 dollars a year is enough to buy your whole family Christmas presents. I want the 70 cent raise. Making 15.00 right now and 15.70 would make me very happy.

Finally, it doesn't matter what the part time sups make. It's a whole different job from being a part timer. Same reason you don't pay drivers the same sss as a part timer. Different jobs.

Of all Tyler's videos this one was by far the worst. Just because you make 2300 dollars in one week, don't belittle how much others make. The issue with part time wages isn't the 70 cents, it's removing progression and then hiring people at wages people progressed to. Removes a sense of accomplishment having worked all those years.

You realize he wasn't belittling how much part timers make. He was arguing for why they should make more.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
How would you feel doing the same job I’am doing for $6 an hour less

to be honest about this, people really don't care as much as you would think. i spent 20 years on a full time preload that had part time, 22.3 full time and top scale red circled full time wages and it really wasn't bitched about. everyone new real money and a full time gig was a 8 to 10 year wait.

JustDeliverIt

to be honest about this, people really don't care as much as you would think. i spent 20 years on a full time preload that had part time, 22.3 full time and top scale red circled full time wages and it really wasn't bitched about. everyone new real money and a full time gig was a 8 to 10 year wait.

I agree. But the problem is is that they are going to be doing the same top scale work for less. If there was language that said they had to perform "x" amount of hours of inside work per shift so that it was truly a daily combo job, that's a different story. They will be driving 95% of the time or more while being paid less to do it.