Game. Set. Match.

LagunaBrown

There is a set dollar amount for wages. The money will always go to the premium jobs otherwise your are taking away money on the back end. Why can you guys not understand this. Part timers get the money by going full time, why the hell do you want to put the money on the front end? That would only give you less later. This is just like your crying about split raises, did you know we got LESS money because we got rid of it? Online genius club at its best.

Time for change

A starting rate that changes every year of the contract. That is priceless.
Using that starting rate increase as a member “get” is priceless. The starting rate increase is something the company needed and almost worthless to most dues paying members. You and the negotiating team failed Tony Q. Now go ahead and throw out your fake, company drawn up 14.5 billion number that can’t be explained, only used against the members.

Time for change

There is a set dollar amount for wages. The money will always go to the premium jobs otherwise your are taking away money on the back end. Why can you guys not understand this. Part timers get the money by going full time, why the hell do you want to put the money on the front end?
Huh I know plenty of part timers making over 30 an hour. Why can’t you understand it’s wrong for a 4 year part timer to be over 20 an hour behind someone doing the same job in the same building?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
There is a set dollar amount for wages. The money will always go to the premium jobs otherwise your are taking away money on the back end. Why can you guys not understand this. Part timers get the money by going full time, why the hell do you want to put the money on the front end?
DB1A6248-8599-44F3-8095-E9224E7A6C2F.gif

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
View attachment 212390
Give this guy a diaper and a bottle! Are you kidding me! You want to strike when these part timers have this kind of opportunity without a college education. Why did he not mention how much the Union negotiated for a part timers contributions for pension and healthcare?
He and I, and many others voting no for the 22.4’s that will never make 120k. They are handcuffed to about 20k less then a RPCD.

542thruNthru

View attachment 212390
Give this guy a diaper and a bottle! Are you kidding me! You want to strike when these part timers have this kind of opportunity without a college education. Why did he not mention how much the Union negotiated for a part timers contributions for pension and healthcare?

His point in the video is how little PT makes compared to him and how we all share the same pension and healthcare.

How PT wages stayed stagnant for decades and Drivers kept going up. We know drivers make good money no one has said they don't. How many are drivers out of the 250,000 teamsters that work at UPS.

So yeah I and every PT worker at UPS doesn't care what the public thinks. Especially when it takes me 10 years of PT work to make that money.

Time for change

You guys aren’t wrong - but the company somehow is able to attract candidates to apply.

Maybe we vote no - strike the company and get $32 an hour for part-time and Maintain the 2018 top rate for package car.

You get one pie. Pick where your slices are cut.

The people who are with ups for four years. Or the full timer that is with the company for 35.
Let’s not be ridiculous and over dramatic , the contract can pass with much less than that.

LagunaBrown

His point in the video is how little PT makes compared to him and how we all share the same pension and healthcare.

How PT wages stayed stagnant for decades and Drivers kept going up. We know drivers make good money no one has said they don't. How many are drivers out of the 250,000 teamsters that work at UPS.

So yeah I and every PT worker at UPS doesn't care what the public thinks. Especially when it takes me 10 years of PT work to make that money.
You could go to college for 8 years and go in debt if waiting 10 years is too long to wait. I wonder how much healthcare and a 401k would cost all that time? Gimme a break!

542thruNthru

You could go to college for 8 years and go in debt if waiting 10 years is too long to wait. I wonder how much healthcare and a 401k would cost all that time?

If I went to college for 8 years I'd make a heck of a lot more then 123k a year. My brother went to college for 6 and came out debt free my wife did more and came out debt free. Also they both have great healthcare and a 401k match.

I'm not disagreeing drivers make good money. I'm saying some of you long time drivers forget what it was to be PT and to easily say they need to suck it up. No they don't need to suck it up because they are part of the union and have a right to vote this contract down. So maybe you guys need to see it through their eyes and suck it up.

LagunaBrown

He was talking about PT raises. Your meme is as bad as the vote no propaganda.
I explained it already. The money will always go to the premium job. Again our Part timers also get $9 dollars an hour to pension and $228 dollars a week to healthcare. Why the hell does he not mention THAT!

What a bunch of vote no propaganda!

Last edited:

542thruNthru

I explained it already. The money will always go to the premium job. Again our Part timers also get $9 dollars an hour to pension and $228 dollars a week to healthcare.

The money HAS always went to premium jobs. What I'm tell you is the PT ranks have been ignored for far to long and now social media may be the teamsters downfall. Now it seems the tides are changing and the money needs to go to existing PT ranks not to drivers that make over a 100k a year.

When you ignore and step on the peons it's only a matter of time before there is a revolt. That's what it looks like is going on. Are they being helped by politics sure but that's still the unions own doing by letting it go on for too long.

Time for change

The money HAS always went to premium jobs. What I'm tell you is the PT ranks have been ignored for far to long and now social media may be the teamsters downfall. Now it seems the tides are changing and the money needs to go to existing PT ranks not to drivers that make over a 100k a year.

When you ignore and step on the peons it's only a matter of time before there is a revolt. That's what it looks like is going on. Are they being helped by politics sure but that's still the unions own doing by letting it go on for too long.
Social media is a game changer and a huge equalizer. We could hit 2/3 majority AND possibly a 50% vote turnout in large part because of part timers voting because of the grassroots social media campaign.