Game. Set. Match.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
B94398BF-6F6D-45D2-AA5C-EE2214502DA7.jpeg
Certainly the mindset, but wait until the company/IBT machine’s junk contract gets shot down on the votes of the part timers. What a change it’s going to be.

Ok

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Different cases, different scenarios. I doubt a 34 year driver and a 4 year driver are making the same exact money right now. But I have no way to prove that.

There's still part timers making upward of 20 dollars more per hour than new hires so the system is not fixed and never will be.
Actually they do make the same, the only time drivers make less is in progression. 4 year progression is done that driver makes the same as the 34 year vet.

BigBrown87

Are you factoring in GWI increases as well. I understand that it's top rate and that both drivers are at top rate but the 34 year driver could still be making more money
Full rate takes in GWI, so when you are done with progression you make the same as every driver that has more seniority.

Neanderthal

Full rate takes in GWI, so when you are done with progression you make the same as every driver that has more seniority.

The part-timers all want catch up because they want to be higher than the people that come in

They don’t want an equal playing field.

This contract is going to fix the part time structure that’s gone unaddressed for decades!

Tony Q

The part-timers all want catch up because they want to be higher than the people that come in

This contract is going to fix the part time structure that’s gone unaddressed for decades!
A starting rate that changes every year of the contract. That is priceless.

BigBrown87

Talking about drivers not part time, they also took away 1$ skilled pay which I disagree with.

Time for change

Where do you come up with this stuff? Of course part timers want catch up raises so a 3 year employee doesn’t make the same as a new hire. And so those that worked for nearly a decade to get to 15 aren’t getting the shaft. I don’t like the 1000 part time sup bonus, but at least it’s something and the company realized they gotta give the senior sups something. This contract won’t pass without catch up raises.

The new contract proposal officially brings PT starting wages up to minimum wage. UPS will still have to subsidize the Union negotiated starting rate with a show up bonus just to get workers in the door. No guarantee they will stay past the first break or the next day. The job sucks for the wages UPS wants to pay. Even red circle PT refuse the OT at $50+/hr because of the work load.

Time for change

Where do you come up with this stuff? Of course part timers want catch up raises so a 3 year employee doesn’t make the same as a new hire. And so those that worked for nearly a decade to get to 15 aren’t getting the shaft. I don’t like the 1000 part time sup bonus, but at least it’s something and the company realized they gotta give the senior sups something. This contract won’t pass without catch up raises.

LagunaBrown

84E9E71F-C0CF-421D-8A4C-A4238022E4BE.jpeg

Give this guy a diaper and a bottle! Are you kidding me! You want to strike when these part timers have this kind of opportunity without a college education. Why did he not mention how much the Union negotiated for a part timers contributions for pension and healthcare?

Last edited:

Neanderthal

You guys aren’t wrong - but the company somehow is able to attract candidates to apply.

Maybe we vote no - strike the company and get $32 an hour for part-time and Maintain the 2018 top rate for package car.

You get one pie. Pick where your slices are cut.

The people who are with ups for four years. Or the full timer that is with the company for 35.

Neanderthal

View attachment 212390
Give this guys a diaper and a bottle! Are you kidding me! You want to strike when these part timers have this kind of opportunity without a college education. Why did he not mention how much the Union negotiated a part timer contributions are for pension and healthcare?

A :censored2:ing MEN brother.

Good luck finding support from the general public when you are in the top 10% of the economic wage class

You guys aren’t wrong - but the company somehow is able to attract candidates to apply.

Maybe we vote no - strike the company and get $32 an hour for part-time and Maintain the 2018 top rate for package car.

You get one pie. Pick where your slices are cut.

The people who are with ups for four years. Or the full timer that is with the company for 35.
Easy. Dump the old timers.