Game. Set. Match.

Neanderthal

The part time employees don’t vote

They all have their mail sent to their mom or dads house before they moved to some cool apartment.

The wage structure has always sold out the unborn. This contract fixes it for the part time. Next contract will be better

This contract creates jobs no one will take called the 22.4 and will go to hires off the street.

Real easy win for the company
Real easy win for the union
Real easy win for the employee who now has the third highest paying job in his local union as a 22.4

Falling short of feeder and package

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

They all have their mail sent to their mom or dads house before they moved to some cool apartment.

The wage structure has always sold out the unborn. This contract fixes it for the part time. Next contract will be better

This contract creates jobs no one will take called the 22.4 and will go to hires off the street.

Real easy win for the employee who now has the third highest paying job in his local union as a 22.4

By $6 an hour

Neanderthal

By $6 an hour

I know that prior to negotiations the company indicated their desire for a lesser rate package car driver (similar to the $15 Per hour Sunday plus any 4 in 6 USPS driver)

They didn’t quite get that, but they did get a reduced cost employee that they will likely use on inside sorts or driving.

Even at $6 less an hour they will make more in progression than drivers starting four years ago, and they’ll be compensated pretty dang well as a stepping stone into the package classification

It’s an imperfect marriage of covering package work with part-time inside work that the 22.3 could not provide in its current form

It will be a hurdle, but i don’t see people sticking this job out of it doesn’t get treated quite right or bid per supplemental bargaining agreement the right way

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I know that prior to negotiations the company indicated their desire for a lesser rate package car driver (similar to the $15 Per hour Sunday plus any 4 in 6 USPS driver)

They didn’t quite get that, but they did get a reduced cost employee that they will likely use on inside sorts or driving.

Even at $6 less an hour they will make more in progression than drivers starting four years ago, and they’ll be compensated pretty dang well as a stepping stone into the package classification

It’s an imperfect marriage of covering package work with part-time inside work that the 22.3 could not provide in its current form

It will be a hurdle, but i don’t see people sticking this job out of it doesn’t get treated quite right or bid per supplemental bargaining agreement the right way

How would you feel doing the same job I’am doing for $6 an hour less

Time for change

While you’re certainly correct historically, I appreciate you and your ilk waking up the part time vote. Look for 2/3 no vote AND maybe even 50% of the members vote. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Neanderthal

How would you feel doing the same job I’am doing for $6 an hour less

It happens now every day.

It’s called:

Air driver
Utility driver
Temporary cover driver
Progression rate.

Top scale va bottom scale.

Ups already has a multi-tiered seniority based progression system, but you can hit the top rate if you exercise your seniority.

The 22.4 will be a stepping stone that will provide a combination of work and more importantly a full time job.

I think that is as members have negatively viewed the rate of this new position when the ibt has viewed the importance of creating more full time positions.

One way or the other - it seems to me that a lot of 21-35 year olds don’t want the full time ups life style and would take an opportunity closer to part time.

Example:

1)three days of part time inside at the inside rate
+
2) two days of driving at the drivers rate.

Those components were intertwined at a fairy competitive rate to the job market - I think the company will be successful in finding people that want this job.

By his logic, PT should start at $31/hr. More than FT drivers.

Your raise is getting eaten up by inflation, that's why you get them, because of inflation.

If you make $14/hr, you get a 5% raise this year, 29.6% over the life of the agreement. Where is the line? What is acceptable?

I dunno, $52k/yr (by his logic) for a PT job sounds a bit ridiculous. At the end of the day, it's a PT job, not designed to live on.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It happens now every day.

It’s called:

Air driver
Utility driver
Temporary cover driver
Progression rate.

Top scale va bottom scale.

Ups already has a multi-tiered seniority based progression system, but you can hit the top rate if you exercise your seniority.

The 22.4 will be a stepping stone that will provide a combination of work and more importantly a full time job.

I think that is as members have negatively viewed the rate of this new position when the ibt has viewed the importance of creating more full time positions.

One way or the other - it seems to me that a lot of 21-35 year olds don’t want the full time ups life style and would take an opportunity closer to part time.

Example:

1)three days of part time inside at the inside rate
+
2) two days of driving at the drivers rate.

Those components were intertwined at a fairy competitive rate to the job market - I think the company will be successful in finding people that want this job.

You’re kidding yourself or you don’t know what you’re talking about if you think 22.4s are going to work inside on a regular basis

Days

My thoughts. Tyler's pay check made me sick. I know he was trying to make a point. But he made that much money in one week, and he complains all the time.
Lol. You aren't getting any sympathy from part timers.

Another thing, he discredits a 70 cent raise. Makes it seem like 70 cents isn't a lot. An extra 3 dollars a day pays for lunch or a week of hot pockets. It adds up. Even might help pay for gas. 700 dollars a year is enough to buy your whole family Christmas presents. I want the 70 cent raise. Making 15.00 right now and 15.70 would make me very happy.

Finally, it doesn't matter what the part time sups make. It's a whole different job from being a part timer. Same reason you don't pay drivers the same sss as a part timer. Different jobs.

Of all Tyler's videos this one was by far the worst. Just because you make 2300 dollars in one week, don't belittle how much others make. The issue with part time wages isn't the 70 cents, it's removing progression and then hiring people at wages people progressed to. Removes a sense of accomplishment having worked all those years.

Time for change

By his logic, PT should start at $31/hr. More than FT drivers.

Your raise is getting eaten up my inflation, that's why you get them, because of inflation.

If you make $14/hr, you get a 5% raise this year, 29.6% over the life of the agreement. Where is the line? What is acceptable?

I dunno, $52k/yr (by his logic) for a PT job sounds a bit ridiculous. At the end of the day, it's a PT job, not designed to live on.
Oh here I thought we got that 14 cents for COLA the last 15 years for inflation. Good to know our where our actual COLA comes from. Nice logic, pay has regressed substantially since the 80’s for part timers.

Neanderthal

You’re kidding yourself or you don’t know what you’re talking about if you think 22.4s are going to work inside on a regular basis

The company pays full time package car drivers to do it now at the over time pay.

Why would they not pay the 22.4 to do this at the straight time rate of pay?

The absenteeism or tardiness issues are going to be few far and in between for a full timer.

If they only pay wage and benefits for one person who is consistent versus staffing a large bench for absenteeism (think the health and welfare costs)

It is a flat cost savings

Time for change

My thoughts. Tyler's pay check made me sick. I know he was trying to make a point. But he made that much money in one week, and he complains all the time.

Another thing, he discredits a 70 cent raise. Makes it seem like 70 cents isn't a lot. An extra 3 dollars a day pays for lunch or a week of hot pockets. It adds up. Even might help pay for gas. 700 dollars a year is enough to buy your whole family Christmas presents. I want the 70 cent raise. Making 15.00 right now and 15.70 would make me very happy.

Finally, it doesn't matter what the part time sups make. It's a whole different job from being a part timer. Same reason you don't pay drivers the same sss as a part timer. Different jobs.

Of all Tyler's videos this one was by far the worst. Just because you make 2300 dollars in one week, don't belittle how much others make. The issue with part time wages isn't the 70 cents, it's removing progression and then hiring people at wages people progressed to. Removes a sense of accomplishment having worked all those years.
I thought by far the best video and part timers should be livid. And most existing part timers are and will vote no.

Neanderthal

Just keep in mind that the whole purpose of a union is to raise everyone up to the same level

You’ve earned seniority to achieve better preferred positions that the new hires can’t come in and take.

They won’t make exactly what you make as if you are making an MRA that will be red circled and you’ll get the GWI on top of that.

Time for change

Just keep in mind that the whole purpose of a union is to raise everyone up to the same level

You’ve earned seniority to achieve better preferred positions that the new hires can’t come in and take.

They won’t make exactly what you make as if you are making an MRA that will be red circled and you’ll get the GWI on top of that.
Unless you’re a part time union employee at UPS.

Days

Nah they will make just as much because of whole building was bumped up to15.00 and everyone will get 70 cents. So if you were hired 4 years ago you'd be making 15.70 and someone hired just before this contract expired will make 15.70

You're right about the seniority and benefits though

Neanderthal

Nah they will make just as much because of whole building was bumped up to15.00 and everyone will get 70 cents. So if you were hired 4 years ago you'd be making 15.70 and someone hired just before this contract expired will make 15.70

You're right about the seniority and benefits though

Did you know that the package car driver that started 34 years ago makes the same as one that started four years ago?

They make the same rate at top-scale.

The preload rates always sold the unborn for catch up raises. You cannot have catch up raises and a higher wage

The wage structure for the part time is finally being fixed, however some markets still require rate adjustment manipulation because of the varied economic differences geographically