Gaming FT Driving by "school" transfers

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The person would keep their PT seniority. Since FT driving openings are based upon PT seniority, the OP would be SOL. I don't know where this whole building seniority thing arises, but that's probably in a local supplement and also probably pertains to FT transfers. Either way, it'll depend upon local practice, like Brownslave had said.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Probably spot on there. He's going to be surprised when he looks at the seniority list. We had a guy that transferred from another region to my building about a year ago and he's still telling everyone he's top seniority in our building for PT. He threatened to file a grievance on me when we were bidding vacations. The Steward told him I had it right and he had it wrong. Wish I got that on tape.
Yeah you have 6 weeks of vacation but you pick them after everyone else. Lol

F

FrigidAdCorrector

The person would keep their PT seniority. Since FT driving openings are based upon PT seniority, the OP would be SOL. I don't know where this whole building seniority thing arises, but that's probably in a local supplement and also probably pertains to FT transfers. Either way, it'll depend upon local practice, like Brownslave had said.
Not necessarily, at least in the local my guys are in. In ours the employee keeps their seniority for vacation purposes only. For everything else they have a new seniority date, which I believe is the first day they start in the new building. But like you said it differs based on local stuff.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Article 22, section 6.
You keep your company seniority but lose your classification seniority. OP doesn't have anything to worry about.

Overpaid Union Thug

I know at least one guy who transferred into my building for "school" he's not going to school anymore but he pretty much jumped over dozens of people waiting for a ft position. Can anything be done about this?
That shouldn't have happened. Although I do feel company seniority should stick in these situations that isn't how it's done. If his company seniority was used on the last posted seniority list (instead of building seniority) and wasn't contested then nothing can be done. After so much time, and I can't remember how much, without it being corrected the seniority date remains as is and UPS must honor it. That's how I read the contract anyway.

Last edited: