Garmin GPS ~ full stop manifest integration

It will be fine

Yea. I see express sprinters doing it all the time in my rural area too, what's your point?
Walked by an express guy on Friday that had his Reach running while he was making the delivery. Do those things have AC? The express guy that delivers to my house always pulls in my driveway head first and I am in the burbs it's a short walk to my door.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yea, that's just dumb to nose in on such a short driveway & yea ac in those things.

but ole flatulence doesn't have a notion of what a rural route is I guess

Here's an example of what I go thru, about 30 of my stops are like this:

One of the reasons why no one else wants my route

Oldfart

Yea, that's just dumb to nose in on such a short driveway & yea ac in those things.

Been doing this over 40 years, not much I havent seen. Sometimes you have to pull down a road that serves as a driveway. Nosing in a 40ft driveway and leaving the van running while you are out is just asking for trouble

OrioN

I don't nose in driveways where I can see the house from the street... don't clump this HD driver with the rest of them.

Express and UPS nose in on those short driveways, though. They're both hourly employees and should follow their training to "walk it off"

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Bag it LA end of driveway

Keep moving

Star B

White Lightening
Walked by an express guy on Friday that had his Reach running while he was making the delivery. Do those things have AC? The express guy that delivers to my house always pulls in my driveway head first and I am in the burbs it's a short walk to my door.

I'll admit, I back into urban driveways when needed. That's when DRA tells me that I need to turn around and your street doesn't have a good turnaround at the end. Also when I'm in the sticks and the next road is going to be 3 miles down the road. However, I cannot fathom not turning off the vehicle. Just turn the stupid thing off! Prevents you from forgetting to get it in Park and the vehicle rolling away under power.

To echo Orion, yes, the reaches have AC, however, the blower motors on them are JUNK! Once they start failing, expect an airflow like a wheezing asthmatic. Additionally, because you have that huge sliding door, anything you gained from the A/C running is instantly whisked out a body gap or the side door.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not with a driveway like that

I would have UPS on speed dial with a driver like you delivering to my house.

The only exception would be if you and I spoke and I agreed to place a "drop box" at the end of the driveway and you agreed to place all packages in to the "drop box" and lock it.

Other than that, unless there is a foot of snow, you need to get your butt up to the front door and do the job the way that you were trained to do it.

To answer you next question----yes, I have had several rural routes, one of which was "super rural", and unless I had permission from the homeowner, I always brought their stuff to their front door.

OrioN

The only exception would be if you and I spoke and I agreed to place a "drop box" at the end of the driveway and you agreed to place all packages in to the "drop box" and lock it.

I agree with you on that part, some driveways in my area are just too much without a Quigley or those awd Ford f250 setup during rainstorms or snowstorms.

I did suggest some customers to just get free pallet wood and fashion a drop box by your mailbox or driveway...

649c1100a25e8011fe970d4bc65d700b.jpg

Similar to that, and a few have done so

Ps, U off on a Monday?

Star B

White Lightening
Other than that, unless there is a foot of snow, you need to get your butt up to the front door and do the job the way that you were trained to do it.

If I have a concern about not being able to get out of the driveway, it's being bagged. Most homeowners in the super rural areas are going to understand why drivers aren't going to go up their driveway and get stuck. I mean, there are times you HAVE to go up the driveway, two examples I can think of are signature required and Wayfair's latest super sale on mattresses.

In my experience, those who whine the most are the ones that transplanted from the city because they wanted a piece of the country life and expect the same service, not understanding the challenges and the fact that I may be the only driver for their 660sqmi county.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with you on that part, some driveways in my area are just too much without a Quigley or those awd Ford f250 setup during rainstorms or snowstorms.

I did suggest some customers to just get free pallet wood and fashion a drop box by your mailbox or driveway...

649c1100a25e8011fe970d4bc65d700b.jpg

Similar to that, and a few have done so

Ps, U off on a Monday?

It's called seniority.