Gas Card crisis

Rack em

Made the Podium
Sorry I am out of fuel I will sit here for $60 an hour on overtime and wait for a tow truck or for someone else to bring me a fuel out.
I've done that before. My supervisor begged me to use my own card to get fuel because the pump I was at about 50 miles from the center kept declining Ups's card. I declined and got to sit for an hour n a half waiting on my supervisor to come pay with a different card. That supervisor isn't a fan of me.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Yet they have drivers taking them home during vacation or cover driver's taking them.

It's not about theft you whiney little punk. It's about common sense.
HERP DERP. mUh CoMmOn SeNsE. Well why the :censored2: are they taking them home? Fill the truck up and put the card back in the :censored2:ing document pouch.

542thruNthru

I completely agree with this. Most route drivers leave their gas card in their wallet instead of leaving it with the assigned truck. And the ones that do leave the card eventually get it jacked by some stupid cover driver. Gas cards are a problem here. Luckily I still have a working peak card from last year.

Then who's taking them on vacation?

Nope. Don't have gas cards. Come on man pay attention!

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I can see it now..

"Good news guys! We got them to cave on the gas cards! We only had to give up guaranteed hours and we now acknowledge ups's production standards.
Big win for the Teamsters!"
Don't give Denis any ideas. Some idiot will think this is a victory just because he says it is. "You didnt............vote........on the contract......".

542thruNthru

Well maybe if you quoted the post you were referring to in your original post I'd know what you were talking about.
Maybe if you read the thread you'd be able to educate yourself.

Also I wasn't just talking about his specific center. Drivers being responsible for gas cards is because of lazy management. I have the same diad board every day but I don't take that home or the keys to the truck.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Well maybe if you quoted the post you were referring to in your original post I'd know what you were talking about.
87BE39D5-68DB-4A30-B8F1-A96F947CCFB6.gif

perhaps

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Maybe if you read the thread you'd be able to educate yourself.

Also I wasn't just talking about his specific center. Drivers being responsible for gas cards is because of lazy management. I have the same diad board every day but I don't take that home or the keys to the truck.
Lol. I don't read UPS Discussions threads intently enough for that.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I have a hard time not only believing anyone would actually fill a truck up out of their own pocket, but that UPS thinks anyone would and plans around it.
I see new guys all the time standing around angry in the morning...

All because a supe told them to go ahead and fill up and they will be reimbursed when they get back.

Suckers born everyday

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Sorry I am out of fuel I will sit here for $60 an hour on overtime and wait for a tow truck or for someone else to bring me a fuel out.
I always make sure it's noted by several people that I asked for the card before I left.

Once I ask it's up to you to get it to me.

I'm. It chasing you around.

My call to the center always says...

I asked for a card before I left, you disappeared...

I'll be waiting at speedway for you.

Click. (That's me hanging up by the way)

Then it's beef jerky and Doritos time.

35years

Gravy route
-Running out of gas
-Can you fuel it, we will get you the money after we put in a reimbursement request...3 weeks max
-Nope, I am not the bank. You can bring me gas or I can bring back the stops, I only have enough to drive in...
Screenshot_20210719-210234_Gallery.jpg

Yes!!!!!

quad decade guy

We have our own fuel pumps and car wash fuels the trucks every other day.
CNG cannot make my feeder run non-stop. Additionally, there are only 2 cng pumps along the route.....

WE had cards attached to our keys but they were stolen each night by people even from out of town.

Now we have none.

Shrug. A tow is $1k.

WTFm8

Because not everyone is in a big city center full of ghetto trash and they need a driver ID entered at the pump to work anyway. Not only this, only certain employee IDs are approved to use the cards in the first place.
My ID was never added, I still use the ID number of a former ORS/center manager and that was 3 managers ago LOL