Gas Card crisis

542thruNthru

We have our own pumps and the RPCDs do their own fueling. Car wash does the tractors.
We have another building that's the same way. Drivers fuel and park the cars. In my building we pull in, pull our crap out and car wash takes over.

I'll slip the car wash a 6 pack or a burrito every so often to spray down the cab with the power washer. ;)

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
they need to give every cover driver an assigned gas card..
🧔✊
0ABCB144-41C5-46A5-AB24-B938620247EF.gif

JustDeliverIt

We have another building that's the same way. Drivers fuel and park the cars. In my building we pull in, pull our crap out and car wash takes over.

I'll slip the car wash a 6 pack or a burrito every so often to spray down the cab with the power washer. ;)

I like that setup. We return to the building and some drivers fuel on the road, others use our pumps. Then we run through the car wash on site and park.

Our car wash guys just tell newbies where to go, get bulk vans parked after the unload is done with them and replace vehicles getting fixed. Basically, they just make sure the lineup is set for the next day. And we have 4 of them, one for each boxline.

I'm sure they do more that I don't see, but none of it has to do with fueling or washing the vehicles. Go figure

onewithedd

Way back when, before all the computer tech we have today, the customer counter and center used labels that were charged out to the center.

I was put in a p500 with two tanks of which only one worked, not told this info either went to switch over and truck died switched back and made it to a dragline construction site and asked for a tank of gas they obliged.

next time I delivered there I gave her 10 next day air labels with the centers acct number and said have at it and thanks for the gas. They got the cost of that fuel back but good. They used most of them for heavy parts.

I told my boss what I was doing and he said that was just fine and sorry we didn’t tell you about the fuel tank. (He was my best manager ever)

clean hairy

Years ago during peak I forget what happened but our fuel pumps were busted. I was on E In the morning before leaving. center manager first asks me can I pay for fuel and bring back a receipt and he’ll give it to me out of petty cash. Got a good chuckle out of that one. Then he went into the office and brought me out an orange credit card, if I remember correctly pretty sure it was orange. I get to the gas station about ten minutes away, card won’t work. Sat there till 1pm waiting for him to come out and pay for my gas. Good times.
Should have asked for him to hand you his personal cash or card, and you would hring the receipt.
Let HIM put in for reimbursement!

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I like that setup. We return to the building and some drivers fuel on the road, others use our pumps. Then we run through the car wash on site and park.

Our car wash guys just tell newbies where to go, get bulk vans parked after the unload is done with them and replace vehicles getting fixed. Basically, they just make sure the lineup is set for the next day. And we have 4 of them, one for each boxline.

I'm sure they do more that I don't see, but none of it has to do with fueling or washing the vehicles. Go figure

Neither the drivers nor the car washers wash anything at my building. The car washers just do the lineup which is more than enough work for them with how the building is set up.

The feeder tractors are shiny clean but the brownies that the customers actually see look light tan from all the dirt.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Way back when, before all the computer tech we have today, the customer counter and center used labels that were charged out to the center.

I was put in a p500 with two tanks of which only one worked, not told this info either went to switch over and truck died switched back and made it to a dragline construction site and asked for a tank of gas they obliged.

next time I delivered there I gave her 10 next day air labels with the centers acct number and said have at it and thanks for the gas. They got the cost of that fuel back but good. They used most of them for heavy parts.

I told my boss what I was doing and he said that was just fine and sorry we didn’t tell you about the fuel tank. (He was my best manager ever)
Must have been a long time ago. I haven't had a best manager since 1995. Lots of turd rejects since then.

JustDeliverIt

Neither the drivers nor the car washers wash anything at my building. The car washers just do the lineup which is more than enough work for them with how the building is set up.

The feeder tractors are shiny clean but the brownies that the customers actually see look light tan from all the dirt.

Some guys don't wash the truck unless it rains, but I can’t do that. I go through at least twice a week and it's mainly because my windshield is a bug graveyard. After a few days you can’t see out of the damn thing.